Hobbs,NM High-Lonesome Silhouette Club

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
7dperini
Unclassified Poster

Hobbs,NM High-Lonesome Silhouette Club

Post by 7dperini »

Congratulations to Lloyd May and the High-Lonesome Silhouette Club for really doing its best to promote and keep Smallbore Silhouette shooting active in this isolated, Southeast New Mexico community of 35,000. They recently had a NIGHT SHOOT with approximately 70 shooters participating. They shoot twice a month which includes Approved NRA matches, but they also shoot 1/2 and 3/8 size targets for fun for shooters of all abilities and all kinds of equipment. In their Annual Fall Shoot they gave away $2500 worth of prizes which included a CZ 452 rifle. Each time a person attends ANY shoot, his name in put "in the hat" for the final shoot of the year. The more you shoot, the better your chance. The prizes (including the rifle) are given in a random draw, all though they give prizes to top shooters in each class. It's known as "promoting your sport" and gets started with one leader, like Lloyd. He has lots of help now, and I'm sure he will be the first to say he is just one of many. My hat off to all the other leaders of Smallbore Silhouette through out the country. For more information, see hobbsgunclub.com and click on "high-lonesome silhouette club".
Dale Perini
Albuquerque, NM
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Hobbs,NM High-Lonesome Silhouette Club

Post by DavidABQ »

Dale,

How have you been? I hope everything is going well for you and Karen. Missed you last year at Raton.

I have been bitten by the bug and picked up an Anschutz 1712 last fall. I am now out of excuses for shooting so poorly.

I hope to see you at Zia R&P sometime.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Missed seeing you at GA states this year Dale, maybe I will get some time to see you guys there someday!
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Dale,
Good to hear from you. Hope you and your wife are doing fine.
We missed you two at the NC Championships but hope to meet up again sometime soon.

Hobbs sounds like a great place to shoot! I lived in Clovis for 3 years and it would be neat to go out that way again sometime. Maybe even stop in at Albuquerque too!!

Hope to see you soon,
Greg