Whos waiting on Grand Slam pins and how long

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
shooterxtc
B Poster
B Poster

Whos waiting on Grand Slam pins and how long

Post by shooterxtc »

Checked to see if the competition section of the NRA had my grand slam info and I was told that there were about 35 or 40 waiting because the engraver was broke. They said it was not {{ in the budget }} to get it fixed, does that mean maybe next year we might get our hard earned awards? I hope our portion of match fees are being spent correctly. It seems that with the amount of shooters and matches there should be enough to go to the local hardware store and get a cheap engraver. Lets see ???? 1.00 per match per shooter x how many matches= Where does all the money go? Who is looking after our interest at the NRA Why am I A Member?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Whos waiting on Grand Slam pins and how long

Post by Innocent »

Shooterxtc,
Greg Conner's bosses email is:
dwilling@nrahq.comdwilling@nrahq.com

The amount of engraving that goes on the back of a grandslam pin is not that much.
Raise your questions to Mr. Dennis Willing, as this should be addressed.

As a MPA student years ago I did research on the NRA Foundation (Friends of NRA) budget in 1999...the salaries of NRA staff was incredible. Not saying that Greg receives that salary but a large percentage of your NRA dollars are not going to the programs that they are designated for. Instead they are going to the salaries and budgets for a few select persons, like many of the NOT FOR PROFIT organizations.
Mary Watkins
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Been waiting on several for over a year now.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Awards? I have conformation letters (4) that I haven't received in almost a year.... Then our club president hands me a Ms. Chin nasty gram today at the match for "missing" tournament reports.... I don't know what they do over at the silhouette dept but it doesn't seem to be anything involving silhouette....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
shooterxtc
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterxtc »

Thanks Mary I will contact him directly.
PhxShooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by PhxShooter »

I may be wrong but I believe Greg's boss's e-mail is dwilling@nrahq.org

If the first one doesn't work you might try Dennis Willing at this address.

Good luck.
Mei Ab frigus mortuus digitis
boyfromcoy
Unclassified Poster

Post by boyfromcoy »

I have been waiting for my first grand slam for more than 6 mo.
shooterxtc
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterxtc »

Mr.Dennis Willing does not return emails or phone calls. Aug. 10 he was contacted by email followed up about a week later with another email. He has also been called numerous times. I'm wondering if our match fees are being sent to a hole in the wall in Nigeria instead of a real organization called the NRA.If the NRA was a responsible entity they would not put people in charge who can't even return a phone call or email.I guess they are too busy sending out solicitation letters to me asking for more money.
bbw223
Unclassified Poster

Post by bbw223 »

In my experience, the NRA is only in a hurry to send out notices for delinquent match reports. It seems they have plenty of staff to monitor match dates and start the 30 day countdown clock match directors have to submit their reports. NRA wants to make sure they get those fees to feed the propaganda machine. ^#(^
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

They called me 3 weeks ago and I told them to put me on the, "No call list," b/c on social security with limited income. "O, can we have $25.00,"
their marketing dept does not give up. I only belong to the NRA as our club requires it. Sorry, off topic. I will be waiting for another letter needing my jury card. They spend on postage, when they can email and I can fill out another card, scan and return email. Next time, I will scan the jury card and send as attachment to the Tournament Dept, which will be in a couple days. :)
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

I got a Ram slam, two years ago in Winnsboro. Nothing to date. The NRA has become more like the government, take,take,take. With very little in return. :^o
Stay Safe
Mark
shooterxtc
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterxtc »

Dennis Willing return my call today (on a Sunday) .He said he was not aware that the grand slam awards were that far out of date. He said Tuesday he would get the ball rolling on getting the awards out by having them engraved by an outside source.Please reply to this topic if you receive your grand slam award. Thanks
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

We will see if those mailed in records got lost and comes back to ask for proofs or names. Sorry, I had to jump in on that one. You might have to call him in a week to follow-up. Hope all goes well.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
shooterxtc
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterxtc »

Dennis told me the grand slam awards have been sent out for engraving. hopefully it wont be long now.Keep an eye out for your awards and post when you receive them.
shooterxtc
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterxtc »

Pins are back from the engraver and are being prepared for mailing.