Cowboy National Category Awards

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Cowboy National Category Awards

Post by cslcAl »

Shooters,

The Woman's Awards post in The club House got me to thinking. Dustin didn't want to bring rules into that discussion but this is addressed in the rules, here it is. ( please note I am refering to Nationals only in this post )

2.5 Categories and Special Awards - If there are a sufficient number of competitors of a specific group (i.e., Women, Juniors, etc.), a match sponsor may establish a separate category for this group and make classification awards within this category, such as 1st AAA Woman, 1st AA Woman, and so on. However, if there are insufficient entries of a specific group to warrant such a separation, and if the sponsor still wishes to provide recognition to this specific group, an overall Special Award may be provided such as High Woman, High Junior, etc., and all competitors in this specific group would be eligible for this one Special Award. Details concerning categories and special awards must be clearly outlined in the tournament program. Listed below are suggested catego- ries for NRA-sanctioned silhouette tournaments. Other categories are included at the match sponsor’s option, if otherwise qualified

Now what I would propose is that there are sufficient numbers of each group in each class in Cowboy to give an overall winner and a class winner in each class. Last year 2014 there were 58 Seniors, 24 Women, and 23 Super Seniors in the CLA matches. There were enough entries in each class to justify giving an award, at least for the aggregate.
I would like to see this given serious consideration, and would encourage anyone who agrees to send a letter to the committee, or at least submit it on your suggestion form at the nationals.
Al Foust
Team Sierra Member