Cold weather activity

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Cold weather activity

Post by snaketail2 »

Most of the country is in the deep freeze. I don't like shooting when its so cold (I'm from Texas and not used to the snow). But, I want to stay competitive - so I guess that means dry-firing in the basement. Any thoughts/suggestions on techniques for this?
We have 6 to 8 more inches of snow expected this weekend!

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Cold weather activity

Post by edgehit »

I shoot a 10 meter air rifle with peep sights. I replaced the annular front sight insert with a post, which is my cowboy front sight. I then print chicken targets and set them at 10m on a 1/2" steel plate using magnets. But I can shoot outside. Indoors - make a electrical putty backed box or other pellet trap.
- Joe
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Cold weather activity

Post by jnyork »

+1 for the air rifle. You can shoot indoors anywhere you can get about 35' or of distance (regulation air rifle distance is 10 meters). There are paper silhouette targets you can get scaled down to 10 meters specifically for air rifles. We are not talking here about the BB gun you had as a kid. or the Walmart 49.95 special. Spend the money and get a GOOD target grade air rifle, preferably a precharged pneumatic with a good set of sights. After you shoot this a while, you may never to back to powder. :D