Match director fees

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Match director fees

Post by glen ring »

Do any of you give your match directors a break on entry fees ?
Just Be Nice **==
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Match director fees

Post by richard »

No. Match directors that shoot the match pay the same as everyone else. I have run and still run matches and always pay my entry fee. Match directors should be running matches because they want to run and have the matches, not to get a break on entry fees.

Some matches charge more for non-club members. I personally do not do that at the matches I run however some matches at our club do that. The non-members travel farther and spend more money to support our particular shooting programs. I appreciate their support. I shoot at other clubs and don't want to be charged more for the "privilege" of traveling hours to shoot. I currently belong to two clubs but you can't expect people to belong to every club they shoot at! Shooting with other people at other clubs is an important part of shooting sports.
Richard
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

No. NOBODY gets a break.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

At our local/monthly match our's don't pay an entry fee.... But I darned sure wouldn't say they're shooting "for free".... With the hours invested each month in doing the emails, NRA paperwork, bank deposit, repairing targets and rails (even with assistance), shopping for paint, batteries, etc... I figure they're making a whopping 52cents/hour for the job and that privilege of not paying an entry fee.

-Tim
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

We run the CLA match at our range and we pay like everyone else. Jeanne works in the off season getting the door prizes bummed, Jeanne makes the score cards , Jeanne keeps track of the financial statements and the bank account balance. Jeanne has designed and has put into motion the making of the trophy s....Plus she has to put up with a few cranky old white guys. She mows, weedeats, paints cleans the bathrooms and gives the rest of us assignments . We have a great group of guys that work very hard and if it were not for them she wouldn't be the match director. I think a simple "Thank You" makes all the work that a match director has to do worthwhile. Tim...I doubt you'd make 52 cents an hour with all the work you have to do running a match.
Just Be Nice **==
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

I have been running an average of 27 matches a year for many years, and I pay just like everyone else.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

cslcAl wrote:I have been running an average of 27 matches a year for many years, and I pay just like everyone else.

Al Foust
Man I'm jealous Al. Our range is so full of other disciplines we couldn't get that many days in a year. Of course our shooting year is a little short up here. Is that 27 CLA matches or does that include smallbore and HP?
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
shakyhold
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shakyhold »

Several folks got together and gave me a NICE gift card for serving as the TX State match director this year. I was quite humbled and it now embarrasses me to realize after all these years I have failed to properly thank the folks that work MANY hours hosting matches. The match takes some time and effort, but pre and post efforts with the state and national organization, getting club permission, ordering the supplies, target repair, trophies, PORT-O-POTTYS, etc... can and do take weeks. Just the paperwork is a daunting task. The match directors do this because they want to help the sport, but it is important for everyone to share the work... Volunteer yourself to help the sport grow, the match directors need to be helped and encouraged so we can have our events. Thanks to those who donated on my gift card, used that money to help pay for my trip to the Louisiana State Cowboy Matches.
C-Ya,
Charlie
dan222
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dan222 »

hi folks,
as a passed match director, a few (2-3) who helped set up, and break down(long range pistol/lever, small bore pistol, field pistol) do get to shot for free. running the match, stopped me from shooting all the guns I could. its one of those things, if I did not step up, it would have gone away, at rio salado, mesa, az :shock:
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Ranger, that's just cowboy matches split between the 3 guns. We shoot every Tuesdat night May thru August.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 40-65rl »

Match directors, who usually are also the Range Officer, are all NRA certified Range Safety Officers. They get a perk in that the Club pays for their Range Safety Officer recertification fee every two years if they work 16 hours a year. That normally is no problem. $30 isn't a big deal but it is nice the club does it. :D

I don't know how many clubs required NRA certified Range Safety Officers at all matches but Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol does. In fact, they require at least two at each match. We have over 60 NRA certified Range Safety Officers in the club supporting all the indoor matches, open pistol time and outdoor matches.

With that all said, everyone who shoots pays their entry fees even if they work at the match.

Dick