williams fp-gr-tk

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
rr1220
B Poster
B Poster

williams fp-gr-tk

Post by rr1220 »

for you guys using this sight with a lyman 17a front,I have a sight radius of 22.75" what do you find your moa/100 yds per click to be on your lever action with a similar sight radius
GabbyJs
B Poster
B Poster

Re: williams fp-gr-tk

Post by GabbyJs »

Since I don't have any kids opening Christmas presents, I have time to give you an answer. The Williams Foolproof has a 6-40 elevation screw thread. The 40 pitch is equal to a micrometer which has a 40 pitch also. Each full turn of a micrometer spindle is equal to .025", which equals the FP. However, the FP only has 20 clicks per full revolution of the screw. Therefore, each click is equal to .025/20 which is .00125" per click. Your sight radius of 22.75" divided into the .00125" equals a tangeant of .000054945. Since there are 3600 inches in 100 yds., we multiply the tangeant figure by the 3600. The answer works out to .197802197" per click at 100 yds. So for all practical purposes, .2" per click, or 5 clicks to the MOA seems to be the answer. Remember, that the trajectory has a changing arch to it, which will probably affect actual results. My Marlin with a 22" barrel has a 25.5" sight radius, so I need 5.7 clicks to the MOA. If anyone has a better answer, feel free to correct me. I'd be interested in learning too.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I'm considering buying a new Henry Lever Action Rifle H001T or if I can get a deal a H004S/E. Is there a Williams type FTP sight that would fit on the rear receiver? Or what are people using on henry's. I currently have Williams on all three of my Cowboy rifles. Marlin22,Rossi357,Winchester30-30
Thanks, ppkny
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

ppkny wrote:I'm considering buying a new Henry Lever Action Rifle H001T or if I can get a deal a H004S/E. Is there a Williams type FTP sight that would fit on the rear receiver? Or what are people using on henry's. I currently have Williams on all three of my Cowboy rifles. Marlin22,Rossi357,Winchester30-30
Thanks, ppkny
Dunno about the H004s/E, but on the Henry H001, H001T, H001TM, or any other reciever with an 11mm scope groove, the Williams FP-GR or FP-GR-TK is the one you want.

:ymcowboy:

- Tim
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

My 2-cents worth.
I have the 11mm scope grove mounted FP-TK on my Browning .22. It mounts easy and has stayed 'on-target' for the last two years. I added a fiber optic insert in my Lyman 17A front sight last summer and found it changed my point of impact...my next trip to the range will include re-zeroing the rifle with the new front sight.

I found a nice addition to my Williams sights on eBay. It is a thumb screw to loosen/tighten the elevation screw. A guy in Traverse City, Michigan sells 'em. They work well.

Michael
s-l140.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Great thanks guys/. I think they all have the grooved top. Now to look for a deal.
ppkny
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Gabbyj...I am very, very impressed with your answer and math.
Just Be Nice **==
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

ppkny wrote:Great thanks guys/. I think they all have the grooved top. Now to look for a deal.
ppkny
H001, H001T, etc DO have a grooved receiver. Golden Boys do NOT, and would need a tang sight instead.

- Tim
rr1220
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rr1220 »

thanks for your answer using the math, I came up with .20 myself measuring sight height moving 10 clicks, measuring and then doing the math,my only concern with the Williams is repeatability
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Thanks Tlee, After some more research I see that the S/E don't have the mounting grooves.
ppkny
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

ppkny wrote:Thanks Tlee, After some more research I see that the S/E don't have the mounting grooves.
ppkny
No prob, at least your know it before ordering one. I've already been contacted by a new shooter locally wanting to know why his FP-GR won't fit his purty new Silver Eagle he got for Christmas. Had to break the news that it'll only ft the H001, H001T, etc.

- Tim
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I found a good deal on a Henry H001 Frontier with the 20 inch octagon barrel. I've noticed there's two different FK Williams sights for the rear.
The fk-gr-tk low & the fk-ag-tk high. Does anyone no what combination front Lyman 17a I'll need for either one. (.404,.494 or .584)
Thanks for any help.
ppkny
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

ppkny wrote:I found a good deal on a Henry H001 Frontier with the 20 inch octagon barrel. I've noticed there's two different FK Williams sights for the rear.
The fk-gr-tk low & the fk-ag-tk high. Does anyone no what combination front Lyman 17a I'll need for either one. (.404,.494 or .584)
Thanks for any help.
ppkny
I've never heard of the FK series, however I've used the Williams FoolProof #FP-GR-TK on 3 different Henry H001T Frontiers and in every case the Lyman #17AUG (.584") was the proper Front sight to use.

my .02,

-Tim
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Tlee, Thanks, My mistake on the keyboard it's the FP-GR-Tk. Thanks again for the correct height on the 17A.
ppkny