Illegal fiber optic sight

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Illegal fiber optic sight

Post by Another Dang 9 »

glen ring wrote: Mark
I agree with you about the simple mind thing. I wish I could exist there, but my entire adult life has been dealing with even the most minute details written into any rule/policy .
:ymdevil: The devil is in the details! :ymdevil:
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
gupvn759
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gupvn759 »

I'm a newbie and apologize in advance for my ignorance, but a comment in this thread caught my attention.

When using a fiber optic sight, are you centering the fiber optic on the point of aim? Or are you using a 6 o'clock type aim as with a blade front sight?

Thanks!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

gupvn759 wrote:I'm a newbie and apologize in advance for my ignorance, but a comment in this thread caught my attention.

When using a fiber optic sight, are you centering the fiber optic on the point of aim? Or are you using a 6 o'clock type aim as with a blade front sight?

Thanks!
If I have my sight settings and adjust the sights for each animal, center point of aim, if I don't adjust the sights use hold over or hold under.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
gupvn759
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gupvn759 »

Thanks Bob. Just to confirm - If you adjust your sights for each animal, you put the center of the fiber optic over the exact spot you intend to hit on the target? Therefore, you can't really see that exact point, since the fiber optic is over/on top of that spot.
Sorry for my confusion.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

gupvn759 wrote:Thanks Bob. Just to confirm - If you adjust your sights for each animal, you put the center of the fiber optic over the exact spot you intend to hit on the target? Therefore, you can't really see that exact point, since the fiber optic is over/on top of that spot.
Sorry for my confusion.
If you adjust your sights, you place the fiber optic where you want the point of impact to be, just like when using a scope.

gupvn759
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gupvn759 »

Perfect, thank you!!!
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

"where you want the point of impact to be"

Key Word = Want

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

snaketail2 wrote:"where you want the point of impact to be"

Key Word = Want

M
Sounded better and more positive then "Hope" :))

OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Bob259 wrote:Sounded better and more positive then "Hope" :))
Lol, I was thinking 'Pray' actually...
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 40-65rl »

Glenn,

After the flurry of concerns about the fiber optic inserts in a previous post I am not surprised you had a protest at your match. What a terrible way to end a match that you and Jeannie worked so hard to have and 99.9% of the shooters came to have a good time and did exactly that.

I respect the right of folks to have an option but filing a protest was only someone trying to make a name for themselves.

The next step for this bunch of shooters will be a protest at Nationals. Again putting smear on a sport that is enjoyed by many fine folks who enjoy the camaraderie and just getting out and shooting.

The NRA has ruled on this sight and blaming certain individuals who run or help to run Nationals only shows me that their concerns are totally based in lack of facts.

Their efforts will not change the rule but will, I fear, force shooters to find another sport to avoid the conflict these folks reveal in.
Look what happened after Elgin Gates passed. Handgun silhouette took a hit and many left.

What a shame.

BTW, I tried the fiber optic in the layman 17, didn't like them and went back to my post front sight.