Where do cheek pads come from?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Where do cheek pads come from?

Post by snaketail2 »

I have a new Marlin 1894 and I would like to add a cheek-pad - Where should I look?

Thanks,
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Where do cheek pads come from?

Post by JohnHenry »

Michael, I've used several different cheek pads. I like the Triple K pads from Cabelas. They are lace on and come in three heights. Another good one are the Leatherman pads. They fasten with a Velcro strap around the stock. You can find all these on the internet. Just log in "rifle cheek pads" and you'll see most of what is available. Hope this helps.

Jim Luke

If you buy the Triple K, you will want to treat the pad with leather conditioner to soften it up for a better fit on the stock.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks, Iv'e see most of the others and read the many negative reports on them. Cabelas "looks" OK, I'll keep it in reserve.

I see people fighting with them at matches - seems like many of them slip around a lot.

I'll keep looking.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

Another place you might try is.

http://www.cheeknstock.com/main.html

Someone at Nationals referred a friend of mine to them. He decide to make his own.

Just a another idea, not a recommendation. Personally when I need one I break out the leather and make my own.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I took Jim Luke's advice and bought the triple K pads from cabelas. The 1/4 inch was perfect for me on all three of my guns.
Just Be Nice **==
Cimarron Red
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Cimarron Red »

I have a Cheek-n-Stock that I really like. And the buying process was as smooth as could be.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I will NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER , put one of those stick on pads on a gun again....But I would like to know what kind of adhesive they use.
Just Be Nice **==
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Crazy Glue. =))
- Joe
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

I have been using custom leather covers made by Jon Klein. I really like them. Some of my guns LOP was too short for me so Jon made the covers a little longer so I could add foam in them to increase the length. He makes a high quality product in many styles.
Check out his web site. http://gunstockcover.com Check out the poster boy!!

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member