CA Regional, Pala, CA, 10-12 Oct

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

CA Regional, Pala, CA, 10-12 Oct

Post by dscak1 »

Went to the CA Regional in Pala, CA, on 10-12 Oct. Jim Luke won rifle cartridge on Friday. Then on Saturday he and John Mullins tied with 77 each in Pistol Cartridge (I believe they are now the co-holders of a new national 80 shot record) and John won the shoot-off on 20th turkey. Really enjoyed watching them shoot. The shoot-off was held with them shooting two five shot banks and when they were still tied, it went to sudden death. They remained tied through 9 more animals before Jim missed and John won. On Sunday John shot a 40 in a row in 22LR, and went on to win the 80 shot aggregate and well as the aggregate for the overall three days. Weather was very nice and the folks at Pala put on a great match.
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Re: CA Regional, Pala, CA, 10-12 Oct

Post by twidpa »

Good post. Can you remember what color the animals were painted and what background color? We were discussing this color differences from club to club at our local match yesterday. We thought white target against dark background would be better for a perfect score.
T
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: CA Regional, Pala, CA, 10-12 Oct

Post by JohnHenry »

Twidpa: The animals are white and the background is reddish clay. The Pala range faces north and there are no trees. I have never shot at a range that has better light conditions than Pala or where I can see the targets so well. Pala is located north of San Diego about a hour drive and, of course, it is usually sunny with little or no clouds. If you haven't shot there, you're missing out on one of the best lever gun matches in the USA. Harold Itchkawitch runs the shooting program and he really knows how to conduct a match--very efficient and a lot of fun.

Jim Luke