browning lever 22's

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
dan222
A Poster
A Poster

browning lever 22's

Post by dan222 »

hi steel shooters,
any idea why we do not see any of the browning lever 22's at silhouette matches? they are well made, and have smooth actions. thanks......dan
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: browning lever 22's

Post by snaketail2 »

I have one and shoot it in the SmallBore matches. The little rifle fits me well and I shoot my highest scores with it.
The downside is the trigger. It is heavy, but crisp. And, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it - a trigger job will require an experienced gunsmith, perhaps a factory trained gunsmith. The disassembly is fairly straightforward, but the reassembly is not. Many gunsmiths will not attempt a trigger job on a BL-22...too much time and effort for the money, and I'm not about to take it apart myself.
Mine has a Williams Receiver sight and a Lyman 17A front sight. The first match I shot with it scored 17/40 (an A classification) and by the end of the year I was AA-Class.
I'm 5'9" with smallish hands and the rifle fits me fine. Larger people may find it a bit small for them. It is easy to find at the range - its the smallest rifle in the rack.
Mine has worked without any issues since the day I got it. But, I wish It had a better trigger.

Michael
post-7404-0-76053800-1370730209_thumb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Cimarron Red
B Poster
B Poster

Re: browning lever 22's

Post by Cimarron Red »

I shot a Browning BL - 22 once for just a few rounds. But I've looked at several of them. Generally, I like the rifle, but the top tang is made of polycarbonate or a similar material. I use tang sights, so I want a steel tang.