Oklahoma City Cowboy Lever Action

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Oklahoma City Cowboy Lever Action

Post by glen ring »

We have received enough positive comments to approach the board at the Oklahoma City Gun Club to break away from IHMSA and form our own division. If the board grants us permission for 2015 we will have another regional match and after learning a lot, we think we can have a much bigger and better regional and a better year of monthly matches. Those of you that attended, please feel free to relay to us the things that would make the match better for the shooters.
If the board grants us permission, we will be free to spend more of the entry fees on the competitors.
Just Be Nice **==
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Oklahoma City Cowboy Lever Action

Post by snaketail2 »

Glenn and Jeanne put on a very good Regional Match - count me as a supporter.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

I will be there with the DFW gang. I might even sight in my rifle before I arrive next year.
- Joe
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

End of June again? I will make sure no one schedules a damn trial for me that week like this year!

Dustin
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Michael...we enjoyed having you and intend on giving the 48 shooters that attended the "first shot" if we can't expand the range.
Joe...If we'd have known you were pressed for time we would have stayed late making sure you were ready for the next day. We were stressed making sure everything went almost according to plan , but will be more experienced next year.

Dustin...I think it will be the same date.

1st is getting the board's approval. We want next year to have more payback to the shooter and have entertained the thought of having a big bore chicken shooter vs shooter elimination match ...winner takes the big trophy. I shot IPSC years ago and the shoot offs had a lot of spectator appeal. I think two guys/gals dueling it out on the big bore chicken line would be fun to watch.

Our BPCR guy has entertained the idea of having the club house as our dinner place and even have a DJ for a little fun after dinner.

Give us your thoughts please...
Jeanne and I want to put on a GREAT regional that everyone will want to come back to even if you don't win a trophy or door prize.
Just Be Nice **==
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Glen, We had a GREAT time at your Regional. It was worth the trip from PA. One thing you mite look at is making it a 3 day shoot and shooting 2 40 shot matches with each gun. This is how we do it in PA and it would allow you to be able to have more shooters. I have so big things in the works for next years shooting season and I sure hope that your match will fit into the schedule again. It is worth the 1200 mile trip from PA. Thanks Again for a GREAT match. Mike
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Mike
We're glad you guys had a great time. We are considering making it a three day event AND going to two 40 round matches. We will see about expanding the range so we'll be able to shoot pc, small bore and big bore all at the same time.

I have promised Ed Mills Pizza and dancing girls for every ten in a row he shoots...but Jeanne has said no to the dancing girls.
Just Be Nice **==
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

glen ring wrote: Dustin...I think it will be the same date.
Great. It is on my calendar. I have a bunch of 100 grain 25 caliber bullets with your name on them that have been sitting in my reloading room forever that I was supposed to deliver in OKC. I suppose I should put those in the mail.

Dustin
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Tonight we received approval by the board at the OKC Gun Club to have a Lever Action division. We will be gearing up all winter planning what we hope, will be the best regional Lever Action match in the US. Jeanne and I are very excited to see what we can do to make 2015 a great year and we would appreciate any suggestions, comments or even criticisms from any of you that attended this year's Match.
Just Be Nice **==
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

One suggestion - get a couple of Port-A-Lets for the west end of the range.
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Porta potties already in the works Michael. I really could have used one closer when I got a SHORT break from calling the line.
Just Be Nice **==
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

snaketail2 wrote:One suggestion - get a couple of Port-A-Lets for the west end of the range.
Michael

That's not what that 5 gallon bucket was for at the west end?

=))
Daveb43
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Daveb43 »

Hey Guys! This is great news! I have heard nothing but positives about your matches. Given the way good info about matches gets around I can foresee a big turn-out next year! I will definitely put it on my calendar when you post the dates. Barring any unforeseen problems I and some of the Capital City gang will be there! Good Luck! Might want to put in a "special request" for no rain and light winds!
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Will the port o potties have a ram aiming aid? I loaded up on bottled water because it was the only ram I could hit! =))
- Joe
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

edgehit wrote:Will the port o potties have a ram aiming aid? I loaded up on bottled water because it was the only ram I could hit! =))
Boy, that's an inside joke!

(There is a ram sticker in the urinal at the Oklahoma range.)

Michael