Ejectors for 94 Winchester AE

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Daveb43
B Poster
B Poster

Ejectors for 94 Winchester AE

Post by Daveb43 »

Got a friend with a Model 94 Winchester in 357 magnum who has had some really bad luck with ejectors. At last count he has replaced 5 of them. Not sure why they are breaking. He wants to know if there is anyone out there who makes stronger ones than the ones from the factory. My thoughts turn to Doug Turnbull but there may others out there who make quality parts. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Ejectors for 94 Winchester AE

Post by Boyd L. »

Daveb43 wrote:Got a friend with a Model 94 Winchester in 357 magnum who has had some really bad luck with ejectors. At last count he has replaced 5 of them. Not sure why they are breaking. He wants to know if there is anyone out there who makes stronger ones than the ones from the factory. My thoughts turn to Doug Turnbull but there may others out there who make quality parts. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I've got the same rifle in .44 magnum with no issues at all. If he's replaced 5 ejectors (extractors??) it sounds like the first thing he needs is a gunsmith with better diagnostic skills.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ejectors for 94 Winchester AE

Post by TheBugFather »

Have the same problem with my legacy. It looks like the .357 ejector is not the same as others used for this model. I broke mine, and have not found a replacement yet. Not a big deal in our sport, because I hold my thumb normally over the ejection port and the case just lays in place for me to pluck out. Biggest problem is that gun is not performing as it was designed to.
Let me know if anyone one has a source for this models ejector.
Thanks, Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.