New National Record

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

New National Record

Post by glen ring »

Jim Luke shot a 58x60 in CLA at our range this weekend. To the best of our knowledge, that is a New National record. I thought I had read on Steel Chickens of someone shooting a 60x60 , but I must be mistaken. The paperwork for Jim will be on it's way to the NRA today. Good Shooting Jim Luke. We look forward to you coming back next year and shooting a 59x60.
Just Be Nice **==
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: New National Record

Post by Innocent »

Go for that 60 Jim! Congrats!
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Let me share some more about how miraculous this 58 was. The weather was not conducive for high scores. It was cloudy overcast with some sprinkles fallen in the pre match hour. Wind was from the south sustained at 15 and gusting to 20. I couldn't keep my Atwood Palm hat on. I was managing the wind by snap shooting targets in between wind gusts. I imagine Jim was having the same issues with the wind pushing him around. Luckily the wind was behind us and didn't generate much hold off. About half way thru the match, Glen ordered the target setters to pin the rams. Luckily, Jim had already shot his rams and they had fallen!

The light was never strong and at times it was difficult to see the front sight. During the lunch hour a strong thunderstorm rolled thru and messed us up a bit. The day reminded me of a Raton match!

Congratulations Jim! And thank you to Jeanne, Glen and OKC Gun Club for an entertaining weekend. I hope to do it again next year
- Joe
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Outstanding shooting Jim! Congrats!
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Congratulations Jim!
Jeanne put on a good show. The food was good, the shooting was fun, and I discovered that you can shoot poorly and still have fun.
I shot one relay off Jim's - it was amazing to watch him calmly shoot the match...I get excited about a 5-in-a-row pin and start missing...If Jim was anxious about any shot it never showed.
Good show everyone!

M

PS: It was also fun watching Glen shoot his Ram loads at (over) Chickens. But he had an excuse - he was Jeanne's helper and understandably distracted.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Congratulations Jim! And in poor weather to boot, thats quite an accomplishment. :-bd
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

In think you people make the match. We all like to shoot our best at every match, but I'm getting to the age that I really like talking with all my friends . When the targets got cranky coming back up we panicked...but you guys made us feel at ease by saying they were still faster than going and sitting them up. The only complaint I heard was that Jeanne's beans vanished before the end of the line. Jeanne organized the entire event and had a small army of VERY hard working guys . When we got home that evening she was already planning on how to expand the target banks if we had enough interest to do another regional next year.
Just Be Nice **==
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Thanks to all of you for your nice comments. The weather conditions were a challenge. You know the song--Some Days are Diamonds.... Last Saturday I had one. A big thanks to Jeanne & Glen Ring who made the match possible and went out of their way to make sure everybody had a good time. I hope they do it again next year.

Jim Luke \:D/
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

I am already scheming on next year, and expanding the range so we can accommodate more shooters, and, hopefully, run it quicker.

Thanks to all who attended. The weather, however, was just typical Oklahoma weather, the kind we shoot in every time we have a match. You mean it's not like that everywhere? We need to get out more.

~~ Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.