Benton, Ar. Match

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Benton, Ar. Match

Post by snaketail2 »

Drove the Benton (just south of Little Rock) Arkansas for a weekend of shooting at the Benton Rifle Club.
The people were great to shoot with; friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. Had a bit of an allergy problem on Saturday - my shooting eye had an allergy attack and I couldn't see through the Marbles sight...A guy I'd never met before loaned me a sight disk with a larger aperture and I could see the targets again! (Thanks Al). We shot Small bore and Pistol cartridge on Saturday and Lever Action Silhouette on Sunday.

Sunday was cool and overcast and they had a low turnout for the HighPower match, so we got to practice for our match bit earlier. My new rifle shot great (however, I only shot a 3rd place score - not the rifle's fault.)

Will I go back - you bet. The town of Benton is between Little Rock and Hot Springs, about 15 minutes from Little Rock. It's an all-day drive for me, but it is the closest range to St. Louis that holds all three matches. On Saturday we had a dozen people and the Sunday match had (I think) 15 shooters...we all chipped in $10 for the target setter and I remember thinking that guy was gonna make some nice extra cash.

Thanks Benton Rifle Club - it was a good/fun weekend.

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Benton, Ar. Match

Post by GTS »

We certainly enjoyed having you, as well as the 3 other Missouri boys, come down and shoot with us. Always grateful to see new faces, especially those that have to drive a good distance to get here. Hope you can make it again. Will shoot all 3 matches June - September on the 3rd Saturday and Sunday of the month. In October we will only shoot SB and PC on Saturday, as several of us will be in Zwolle for the HP match. Thanks for making the trip.

Greg