2014 PA State Championships

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

2014 PA State Championships

Post by AMB »

The McKean County Rifle Club has made the decision to host the Cowboy Lever Action 2014 PA State Championships. Due to some issues, misunderstandings and miscomunications a State Shoot wasn't scheduled for this year. Although, some may feel this is not important, the consensus at the at the MCRC was to support a legitimate State Championship for CLA

The date will be August 16 & 17 and consist of 60 Round Matches; PCLA on Saturday morning SBCR in the afternoon, CLA will be fired on Sunday morning. We’ll be done early Sunday afternoon to allow those traveling to have plenty of daylight to get home in. Friday the range will be open for practice and checking in.

Al Bean
2014 MCRC STATES.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2014 PA State Championships

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks for the post.
I'd like to make the match - will have to check with my schedule...Oh, I forgot I'm retired. Maybe can make it.

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I think that's a trip I'm going to make. Please send any entry forms when they become available.
Thanks
Just Be Nice **==
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Glen, the entry form is in the opening post by Al Bean. I hope you and Jeanne can make it.
Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

If I come, I'll travel through Illinois and Ohio. I know to lock the cases and keep ammo separate, but am I going to need a permit in Ill or Ohio to legally transport a firearm through the state?
I will not be bringing a handgun.

I read the NRA's, March 14, 2014, info page about Illinois. But it left me wondering about a permit for a non-resident.

Thanks,
M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

We travel through those states every year from Pa.when we go to Raton, never had a problem. Just go and have a great time. If you are paranoid about this the lefties win.
Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks Al, I just didn't want to lose my baby because of some rule I didn't know about.
M
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Getting entries in will be a good shoot. Use our 4th of July Regional as a warmup.
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

If your coming to the PA State Match please get your entries in. The Range is looking great, we had an excellent Regional shoot with 50 plus competitors participating. The scores like most of the time were pretty good, with Al Foust setting a new Sr. Long Run Chicken total, and Judy Fisher tying two Ladies records in Smallbore a 37x40 and a 72x40, in addition a new Long Run SCR open record of 55 was set on Wednesday. Take advantage of a great place to shoot :D Al