Change in venue for 2015 CLA Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Change in venue for 2015 CLA Nationals

Post by OldRanger »

Just curious, whats the closest club to Lebanon Kansas? Thats the geographic center of the US. Just sayin...
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

OldRanger wrote:Just curious, whats the closest club to Lebanon Kansas? Thats the geographic center of the US. Just sayin...
Rumor has it there's a real nice club in the Oklahoma City area that has auto-resets on every imaginable scale/DX.

Anyone here on SC know anything about that club? :-\

- Tim
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Tlee,Oklahoma City Gun Club.By next year this club will have all auto resetable targets for all 3 lever guns.I shot 3 60rd matches in one day.I was very impressed by the set up.It was very well made and thought out.I was even given an ATV ride out to the 200yd set up to see air tanks and piping.(top of the line equipement)
I reccomend that anyone shooting any kind of silhouette should see this range.
All the talk of moving nationals east,maybe this place could be looked at.At least its a little closer.
If they have a regional event it would be worth it.I think you can camp there.I stayed at a hotel 10 miles away,it was pricey the only downfall.
CLA,PC,and scbr were all shot at same time.
I also shot there for the CMP Oklahoma Games event.Once again a great range.Club members are required to do range maint time so some volunteered to help with the matches.Perfect.
Congratulations to them for a fine facility.Thank You.Oklahoma City Gun Club
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

I haven't posted on this subject, let me understand what the folks out West are saying. It stays out West no matter what? Kind of selfish if you ask me.

See I'm on the East coast, would be nice to have it here once in awhile. I can't afford the time & money to go to raton. My thoughts on this selfishness is to stop shooting CLA. Sounds logical to me.

Divisions are normally the first sign of a sport in decline.......
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

chuckjordan2 wrote:I haven't posted on this subject, let me understand what the folks out West are saying. It stays out West no matter what? Kind of selfish if you ask me.
I think you might have exaggerated things just a trifle...

twice
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

chuckjordan2 wrote:I haven't posted on this subject, let me understand what the folks out West are saying. It stays out West no matter what? Kind of selfish if you ask me.

See I'm on the East coast, would be nice to have it here once in awhile. I can't afford the time & money to go to raton. My thoughts on this selfishness is to stop shooting CLA. Sounds logical to me.

Chuck,boycoting only hurts you.You just have to make adjustments and give up other things to commit to Raton.Its what we do,and thats where its at.There are only so many years in a shooting career.This year i'll be giving up Camp Perry,snuff,beer,cigs,lotto,haircuts,maybe more.
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Hermit,

Only my time off is not paid. As an hourly worker I don't get vacation pay (today's Amerika). Wouldn't call it boycotting, and it could affect others. Thanks for the reply.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Tlee: Yes, we gave auto-reset targets on the full scale targets at OKC Gun Club. By spring, all our targets should be auto-reset. We have a great club. As far as hosting the nationals, in my opinion, we're not set up for that. But that's my opinion only. I'm certainly not against it, just don't think we have the capacity.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Lijeboy,how about a regional or state championship next year so everyone can see your facility?
Please explain your number of banks per animal.I don't remember exactly.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

We have three banks of five of full scale animals, and two banks of five of half scale. I hear that a regional match is a good possibility for next year. We'll post it here on Steel Chickens if it comes to fruition.

Thanks
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Thank you! Jim Fields has worked very hard for many years to make the silhouette range world class. The IHMSA Internationals were held there last year and will be again next year, to my understanding.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Lijeboy,just curious as to how many shooters there were for IHMSA nationals,guns shot and how many days it took.
I was told but don't remember exactly.
Jim Fields has done an excellent job.He has some really good Quotes on the wall.
My favorite was something like"Don't spare the expense on the project,it will bite you in the butt if you do."
It was obvious that he held to this rule building the resettable targets.Everything looked built to NASA specs.
Good job Jim and all those involved.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Sorry, but I don't have that information. Jim Fields would be the person to ask about IHMSA matters.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

I don't have Jims info.I was just hinting that it was alot of shooters,multiple guns,and many days.
Thanks Lijeboy.
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 40-65rl »

No way will I drive through any states west of the Mississippi to get to PA. Three day drive each way. hotels, meals, never. Shoot on an "easy range with lots of records" Don't care, more of a challenge at Raton, wind, rain, etc.
Also, It is not just CLA. There is 22 BPCRA Nationals and Iron and scope BPCR Nationals all in one location, one trip, 5 hour drive. KEEP CLA with the other nationals in Raton.