Change in venue for 2015 CLA Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Change in venue for 2015 CLA Nationals

Post by 44 mag »

This is Tammy Haynes on Mikes log in...

I'm working very hard to get the silhouette committee to discuss at their next meeting to allow the CLA Nationals move to McKean County rifle Club; Bradford, Pa in 2015. e-mails of support to the committee will be helpful to get this on the agenda for the upcoming meeting. silhouette@nrahq.org

We've seen interest and support from shooters in the east and west. Especially the shooters who also participate in the small bore and high power nationals in Ridgway, PA. My plan is to host the CLA nationals right before the small bore and high power nationals. This way, participants who shoot at both events can make one trip to this area and at one time and be able to shoot in both events.

Bradford and Ridgway both have very nice clubs with great people. MCRC in Bradford will be able to provide enough target setters and score keepers to make this CLA nationals run efficiently.

I have just completed the PA State CLA championships at MCRC as Match Director and have proven my dedication and drive to provide a great event. As a shooter myself until wrist surgeries have put me on the side lines so to speak, I am dedicating my time and energies to make those who can shoot enjoy a great match with all I can do to make it worth the trip.

In the past, our club has hosted hunter pistol nationals with great success. We have numerous campgrounds & hotels within 15 Min. of the range to accommodate everyone.

Thank you to those who have already send your e-mail of support. If you haven't and would like this change, please send a short e-mail to the Silhouette Committee in support of this change in venue. :-bd silhouette@nrahq.org :ymhug: All other Silhouette disciplines rotate every year so why cant this? It's time for a change!!!

Kindest Regards,
Tammy Haynes
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Change in venue for 2015 CLA Nationals

Post by twidpa »

Email sent. Sign me up to shoot and help!
T
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

T, Thanks for the support!! We have been getting alot of interest for a change in venue. We know we could put on a GREAT match we just need the Commitee to agree with us and give us a chance. There is alot of changes that need to be made to Silhouette and maybe this is a small step in the rite direction. Thanks again Mike
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

I am for it, will write the Silhouette committee.

Boats
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

I for one like Raton and hope this effort fails. Sorry.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Greg, I am not saying anything bad about Raton and I dont know where you hail from but it is time for a change. We are not saying a permanent change we just think that people from the East should have the chance to experiance the nationals just like the people in the west do. All the other deciplines of silhouette rotate every year and so can CLA. We have a very nice club and alot of National Records have been shot at Mckean County Rifle Club. Just give us a chance to host it and come here and shoot and you will enjoy your self. We will also have enough staff to support this type of match. Thanks Mike Haynes
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

No doubt the venue of The Whittington Center is beautiful. But if you want a range that you can shoot great scores (many current national records) and you'll never attend one anywhere that will be ran better then rotate CLA Nationals to MCRC.
dgslyr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by dgslyr »

I for one would not go to Pennsylvania.I wouldn't drive through Ohio or Maryland to get there. Been hassled before back there.Then there is the expense of motels back east and everything else.Then there is the traffic back east.No thanks.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

dgslyr wrote:I for one would not go to Pennsylvania.I wouldn't drive through Ohio or Maryland to get there. Been hassled before back there.Then there is the expense of motels back east and everything else.Then there is the traffic back east.No thanks.

I agree while "R" is much closure the overall cost of the trip will be many time less for me. Air plan tickets, shipping costs for guns (not sure if an airline would allow me three rifles), and shipping ammo, eating out, and hotel compared to the Whittington center do not compare. Plus sorry PA you are in the high desert and close to mountains.

I have heard wonderful things about the PA range but travel and costs are not positive. So count me out.

Greg
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

That is why alot of people dont go to Raton from the east. COST!!! So why not give the shooters in the east the same respect and let there be a nationals on this side of the country. I have been to Raton and it is a costly trip but then again it is costly to travel any where. The hotels here are no more expencive than Raton. I understand we dont competitor housing but there are plenty of places to stay that are resonable. All we want is the chance to host this event. And for anybody who has not been to MCRC it is a great range. Not in the desert but out in the woods where there is trees and grass. Mike
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

44 mag wrote:That is why alot of people dont go to Raton from the east. COST!!! So why not give the shooters in the east the same respect and let there be a nationals on this side of the country. I have been to Raton and it is a costly trip but then again it is costly to travel any where. The hotels here are no more expencive than Raton. I understand we dont competitor housing but there are plenty of places to stay that are resonable. All we want is the chance to host this event. And for anybody who has not been to MCRC it is a great range. Not in the desert but out in the woods where there is trees and grass. Mike
Who says hotel, competitor housing is like $40 with a kitchen. I cook all my meals, try never to go to town. I am not knocking the range but you are going to lose either way a lot of shooters.

Question for the PA guys, how many of your shooters ever travel? I understand it to be a very small number?
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Greg,not sure how long you have been in the silhouette game but we have a good group that travels maybe not to Raton but to other clubs in the east. All we want is the chhance to put this on. All the other deciplines of silhouette rotate why cant CLA? There is always a better turn out in Pa for smallbore and highpower nationals than Raton. Just a thought.
tealdawg
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tealdawg »

It appears that like everything else it is always a me.. me.. me.. thing.
That being said my turn…I personally have shot one form of silhouette or another for the last 33 years. I have shot a number of National Matches, but they have only been East, due to the fact of time and expense. I have not kicked the dirt because they were in Raton and I could not shoot that particular year, I just looked forward to my next opportunity. Do the shooters in the East not deserve the same consideration?
Perhaps there are other shooters out there capable of competing for a National Championship limited only by their ability to travel or bank account. Should they not have the opportunity?
A quick check of past and present National Records will show that shooters in the East are fierce competitors, and a number of those records were actually set at MCRC
. All that is being asked is for a little consideration for fellow shooters not a permanent change in venue
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Thank You Tealdawg. Thats all we want is a chance. Mike
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

"(not sure if an airline would allow me three rifles)"
You can forget shipping ammo on the airlines - that will never allow you to take enough for the entire match. I used to work for American Airlines - we shipped rifles, but anything over 40 rounds was not acceptable. May be different now, but I doubt it got better.

Better to drive. And drive slowly in the harassing states ... I used to have Texas plates - the good law enforcement people of Wisconsin would stop me every day I worked there, "Well, Tex, what you drinking today?" Of course they did the same in Canada - but they smiled more.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."