Sight setup

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Phill Smyth
B Poster
B Poster

Sight setup

Post by Phill Smyth »

Hi all just a bit of your input please . I have 39A Marlin and a Rossi 357 s/s hex and I am putting Williams on the rears William have said the .312 is the perfect height for the Marlins and .538 is perfect for the Rossi. will I get elevation for 200metres for centre fire distance. I was planning to put Lyman Globs on the front .404 on the Marlins and either .464 or .564 on the Rossi I have Rob T doing the Rossi Rear at this moment, The Marlins just screw straight on. Guys n Gals? what is your thoughts as the best setups. Regards Phill
Phill Smyth
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Sight setup

Post by Phill Smyth »

Hi Guys would like some of your advise Please. regards Phill
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Sight setup

Post by cslcAl »

Phill,

The .404 is definately the one for the 39A because of the height of the ramp. For the Rossi you may need the higher front of the two you mentioned to get adjustment low enough at 40 meters. It depends on how fast your 357 ammo is.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Phill Smyth
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Sight setup - info thankyou!

Post by Phill Smyth »

Thank you for your Input and thoughts, I hoped I was on the same page of thinking as you, which is good. It seems that the Silhouette shooting sports are biggest in the south FL, LA, A,L GA, TX is that where most of the volume of Silhouette shooters are or is it that the weather permits year round shooting..
I lived in the USA - New Orleans and Land o Lakes FL in the 80's teaching barefoot water skiing, and love all’O’your'all and the people and life of the south. I have always been a confederate, Dixie fan LOL
Go the Saints n LSU. I hope to get to visit and shoot and make some new friends in the States as soon as I can. once again thanks for all the post and info on the site. Regards Phill in Australia