.22 in pistol cartridge

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .22 in pistol cartridge

Post by snaketail2 »

Glen Ring:
Yes, I do shoot a BL-22 with a Williams receiver sight and Lyman 17AUG front sight - no other mods.

Michael

Snow on the ground - more expected tonight...going to the range anyway.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

What kind of groups do you get at 100 yards and which bl-22 do you have? I'm looking at a back-up gun for Jeanne and i that will be given to my grandson in a couple of years.
Just Be Nice **==
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I have a video conference this morning then plan to go to the range this afternoon - I'll post the results.
Please note- BL-22s have a heavy trigger, crisp, but heavy. If you go shopping for one take a snap cap so you can feel the trigger.

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

We had a heat wave today - it got up to 48 at the range. The snow was melting off the range baffles and it was like being the rain when you changed targets...not a complaint from anyone.

The BL-22, with Federal AutoMatch, at 50 yards made dime size groups, quarter size at 75 yards and maybe tennis-ball size at 100 yards. This was with a Williams Receiver sight from a bench - it has done much better when I had a 2-7x33 scope on it.
I carefully packed the targets to bring home and scan for show, but somehow I got home without them.
My real intent was to test a couple of my remaining Winchester 42Max bullets at 100 yards - I normally go up 12 clicks from pigs to rams - the 42Max wanted 15 clicks. Accuracy was acceptable for open sights at 100 yards. ( I bought a brick last year and have 3 1/2 boxes left - I think they stopped importing or making them, whichever it is - there are none available now.)

While I was there I tried my Rossi m92 .45 Colt loads with the Gunslinger spring kit I put in. I think the trigger may be too light now: one primer (out of 50 rounds) took two strikes to fire and twice I was surprised when a round went off before I was ready.
The light primer strike is OK, but I'm a bit concerned about the light trigger. Will require a 2nd trip to fully evaluate the lighter-trigger. Shot 255gr Hornady LFRN over 7.1gr of Unique - accurate out to 100 yards, but left dirty cases.

Michael