Do I have to......

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Do I have to......

Post by Doodaddy »

snaketail2 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:09 am
Doodaddy wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:38 am I shoot in flip flops and band T shirts. I gained 8 animals solely from switching to that outfit.
Its the footwear - t-shirts don't help much.

M
You're probably right, but I do feel very in tune with myself wearing the combo. Every one else seems to wish I would add pants or something to the mix, but I read the wind better feeling a breeze. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Doodaddy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:20 am
Doodaddy wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:38 am I shoot in flip flops and band T shirts. I gained 8 animals solely from switching to that outfit.

M
You're probably right, but I do feel very in tune with myself wearing the combo. Every one else seems to wish I would add pants or something to the mix, but I read the wind better feeling a breeze. Image

You joke, but one of the guys I shoot Steel Challenge with went from A class to Master in the match he shot in flip flops. Now it’s his standard garb (pretty sure he doesn’t wear it on the outer limits stage or when he shoots USPSA stages).

Also, I frequently see female shooters (silhouette or paper targets) kick off whatever shoes they’re wearing and shoot barefoot.

I love shooting in tennis shoes, T shirt, and shorts, but I usually wear Levis when shooting steel with anything but lead or 22LR as several years ago I caught a bounce back in the leg of copper jacket shrapnel from a 50m pig. I also regularly see bounce backs from jacketed ammo on full sized chickens at 50 when shooting lever gun... Especially if the targets are pock marked at all. It’s a miracle we don’t see more issues.

- Tim
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Tlee wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 am
Doodaddy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:20 am

M

You joke, but one of the guys I shoot Steel Challenge with went from A class to Master in the match he shot in flip flops. Now it’s his standard garb (pretty sure he doesn’t wear it on the outer limits stage or when he shoots USPSA stages).

Also, I frequently see female shooters (silhouette or paper targets) kick off whatever shoes they’re wearing and shoot barefoot.

I love shooting in tennis shoes, T shirt, and shorts, but I usually wear Levis when shooting steel with anything but lead or 22LR as several years ago I caught a bounce back in the leg of copper jacket shrapnel from a 50m pig. I also regularly see bounce backs from jacketed ammo on full sized chickens at 50 when shooting lever gun... Especially if the targets are pock marked at all. It’s a miracle we don’t see more issues.

- Tim
I only joke about the no pants thing. I shoot in flip flops or barefoot if I can and made it to Master in most things. If it's a match I have to go and reset targets while there's mud that will get on top of the flops making them slippery, I will begrudgingly wear shoes. I suppose I just subconsciously feel constrained in them and I need my head as clear as I can make it while shooting. Especially with lever action.

Full size chickens that close do make me a bit nervous. I haven't gotten around to experimenting with those ulta low loaded cast bullet things I've seen others shoot with so my chicken shots are packing a punch. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
TexasSilhouette
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TexasSilhouette »

jimkidwell wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm I am sure you all know it is no longer called Cowboy Lever Action. This year the Silhouette Committee had the name changed to "Lever Action Silhouette Rifle", "Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette Rifle" and "Smallbore Lever Action Silhouette Rifle". This was done due to all the suggestions from the competitors. Note: It is always a good idea to let the committee members know your suggestions. They do listen. FWIW.....
Jim, Thanks for pointing this out but just a small clarification.
“Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”. Lever Action was omitted here because Smallbore is not limited to lever actions.

"Any lever action, pump, or semi-auto rimfire rifle with a tubular magazine. Only .22 long rifle ammunition is allowed. Hyper velocity ammunition is prohibited."
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

You are absolutely right. I should have used the rule book definition. My bad.................
Smallbore Silhouette Rifle -
(a)
Any lever action, pump, or semi-auto rimfire rifle
with a tubular magazine. Only .22 long rifle ammuni-
tion is allowed. Hyper velocity ammunition is prohib-
ited.
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………