Recommended Peep Sight for Henry .22 Lever Rifle

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Recommended Peep Sight for Henry .22 Lever Rifle

Post by Joaquin B »

Well,

Santa heard I got the .22 l. R. lever rifle bug and put a little Henry .22 under the tree.

Right from the start, I know the factory rear sight has to go, so I would really welcome your recommendations for an adjustable rear peep sight for this little rifle. As always, your kind advice is welcome in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Joaquin B
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Recommended Peep Sight for Henry .22 Lever Rifle

Post by Tlee »

Joaquin B wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:39 pm Well,

Santa heard I got the .22 l. R. lever rifle bug and put a little Henry .22 under the tree.

Right from the start, I know the factory rear sight has to go, so I would really welcome your recommendations for an adjustable rear peep sight for this little rifle. As always, your kind advice is welcome in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Williams FP-GR-TK for most of the Henry rimfire lineup (or any others that have the integrated 11mm rail). Exception is the Golden Boys, which have no rail.

Congrats and have fun!

:ymcowboy:

- Tim
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Is it a octogon barrel with dovetail front or round barrel with a band? If band you may need to replace the band to one with a dovetail cut in it.

Wife uses (with surprisingly good effect) factory Marlin 336 rear sight with a 17a front globe with a bead insert. She puts the ball in the cup. It's not a bad sight picture but lacks fine adjustment.

The 336 rear sight comes in 2 heights with 2 different height ramps. Order all 4 pieces and it's less then $50 I believe.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

If you have a henry with a grooved receiver, the Williams FP-GR-TK works great. I'd recommend adding a turn knob gib screw, which is available from brownells. A small .050" aperture is also a good addition.

If you have an octogon barrel I'd recommend a lyman 17ami front sight. If you use it to shoot silhouettes, id recommend the Lee Shaver small bead insert for the 17a.

We've had several henrys, and this is a great silhouette setup.
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Thank you all very much for the advice and recommendations!

I will start checking up on things.

Regards.
Joaquin B
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

the most common is the williams fp-gr-tk. i did see several henry rifles this year at the florida state match that had the dw battlesight mounted on them. they had the rifle drilled and tapped to mount the dw battle sight on the side.