Sooner Classic Regional

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Sooner Classic Regional

Post by glen ring »

We had 49 fun loving competitors compete, three were sick and had to cancel at the last minute...your refunds are in the mail. Isn't Jeanne nice.

We had NO drama queens and NO cranky old men..we all had FUN.

Jim Luke and Kimbral Marquart were in a shoot off on the fifth scale match. Shooting 1/5 scale chickens is challenging with an iron sighted Lever Gun, but these two slugged it out on the chicken line so long we had to reset targets 5 yep..FIVE times. Jim Luke finally won by one chicken. ( Plumber, Jim was so tired after this he went to his trailer , ate a sandwich and took a nap)

Jeanne, who is the most efficient organizer ever, had great door prizes , the activities and food planned and the timing was perfect.
Jeanne started planning next year"s match already and improvements will be made so drop her a message with your suggestions.

She ignored my suggestion of having the competitors enter a Pole dancing contest.

You match directors know that it usually takes the action of a deity to make improvements to a range, but I guess the Baby Jesus likes silhouette....our .22 target system is being completely replaced by new , falling, stand on the rail targets.

Our sincere apologies need to be extended to everyone that rang a 22 target...ESPECIALLY Larry Weir. The system is old, rusty and not good. Jeanne had shot EVERY 22 target on the range the night before and all fell on the first shot.The system gets cranky when it rains and easily gets out of whack. Jeanne and I had put together $1000.00 for new targets but our generous contributor found out and volunteered all new steel work to make the targets free standing and consistent. Please . someone relay this to Larry.

Come shoot our October match. I think Jeanne said it will be free and we'll provide a free lunch. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Just Be Nice **==
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Sooner Classic Regional

Post by Another Dang 9 »

No Cranky Old Men...?
Did you stay home Glen...?!? :-j :-j
Just kidding. :D Sounds like a good match. Hope to make one sometime.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

We are proud of our pretty range and are striving to make it better. If you have a travel trailer you can hook it up just yards from the line. We have showers and three good bathrooms. The range is gated and you'll be within just a few miles of any kind of eating establishment you like. In the afternoons and mornings you can sit outside, watch deer and an occasional wild hog. Come next year.
Just Be Nice **==
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Jeanne, Glen,
ANOTHER AWESOME EVENT!
Looking towards shooting with you all again!
Kimbal and Lorraine