Sights for a Henry .357 big boy

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Sights for a Henry .357 big boy

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

I use Berry 125 gr with 5.0 titegroup. Don't know about swapping primers. My loads stay around 1200 fps. I use this load in cla up to turkeys then use 180 Serria with 13.1 grs n110 but am changing to h110 due to cost. Watch for leading in barrel with cast. Your bullets may have no problem but I don't cast and use store bought. Will be working on new load for cla going to 158 gr berry. Use plated due to cost for I am feeding two henrys.
Ojaileveraction
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ojaileveraction »

I modified a Williams 336FPtk sight to fit my Henry Big Boy 357. I ended up mounting it forward using only one scew.
20170921_210129.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim
Guns, They're not really yours, until you void the warranty.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I got my Williams sight mounted on my Henry Big boy Brass receiver using both of the top mounting screws. I did have to shave a little bit off the side of the sight to get it to fit. I loaded up a few test loads last night. I loaded 5.5 grains of Titegroup with the 125 grain Berry and 5.5 grains of Green Dot with the 125 grain Rainier. I will try them tomorrow to see which one shoots better.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

I have used cci and other brands of small rifle primers in my 357 mag loads. Never had any problems.