Redfield 75

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Redfield 75

Post by ChuckD »

Anyone know if a Redfield 75 off a Rem 513 fit/work on a Marlin 39?

Thanks
chuck
JohninNH
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Redfield 75

Post by JohninNH »

Chuck,
You will need the proper base for the Marlin. I have had Frank at VFGar (www.vfgar.com) in Fremont, NH build a couple for me. I believe he has some blanks in stock. Love those Redfield 75's.
John
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

I, with help from a friend, have put the 75 from a 513 - WIn 75 on 3 - 39s and a couple of 57s. Each of the ones I used had a different sized mount and all 3 of them had to have some type of modification to line up properly in the center of the rifle and to locate properly from to rear so a large aperture disc would fit without interference. One thing that was needed on all three different bases was to mill them down thinner to allow the side of the sight body to move closer to the rifle. On my Uberti 1866 we milled down a 75 with the round receiver mount (for a Mauser I think..?) and used the factory located mounting holes in the sight to locate, drill and tap holes directly into the rifle receiver. Actually the best fit and appearance of any I have seen.

Love the sights but, in my experience, you have to work for a really balanced overall fit.

Of course....... YMMV. :ympeace:
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

I have a friend/neighbor that has made a lot of really nice 75 Redfield bases for Marlin 39, Marlin 336, Marlin 57's and Winchester 94's.
Send me an email and I will give you his information.
tony.telloatgmail.com