Half Size Target Files

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jloehle
B Poster
B Poster

Half Size Target Files

Post by jloehle »

I am looking for files that can be used by a C&C machine to cut out 1/2 size targets for our new Smallbore Cowboy Match. I thought I had seen files posted somewhere before, but am only seeing a couple of PDFs around that are not vector files and would not work.

I would also look at any company that has them ready to sell, as well. I am afraid of shipping costs with that, but worth a look.

Thanks,

Joe Loehle
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Half Size Target Files

Post by Tlee »

jloehle wrote:I am looking for files that can be used by a C&C machine to cut out 1/2 size targets for our new Smallbore Cowboy Match. I thought I had seen files posted somewhere before, but am only seeing a couple of PDFs around that are not vector files and would not work.

I would also look at any company that has them ready to sell, as well. I am afraid of shipping costs with that, but worth a look.

Thanks,

Joe Loehle
I have PDFs, but they're bitmap/non-vector.

They most reasonable place I've found for targets is based in Dallas:
http://custommfgco.com/targets/

Need to give them some reasonable lead time for a quantity as they don't keep a large number in inventory.

:ymcowboy:

- Tim
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Joe,
I have AutoCAD files that I'll send you.
It will take me a day or two - is that OK?
Also, they do not have bases drawn, just the animal figure.
Only so much 1 fellow can do in a day!

ShootingStar
Greg
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Joe. There's more to it than that. You need someone with a plasma cutter. Most weld shops will have them. You also need to have the PDF files converted to a DFX file. That's what the plasma cutter reads when it makes the cuts. What state are you in? Shipping steel is ridiculously expensive. If you go to a weld shop and buy Hot Rolled or Cold Rolled steel its much much much cheaper than AR type steel. I could help more. Send me a pm with a phone number with a good time to call and ill call ya back.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member