Thank You to PPNY

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Thank You to PPNY

Post by ChuckD »

Hey PPNY,

I have one more CLA match this season, and finally tried your load suggestion at the range. Shoots GREAT! I am taking my son to his first bigbore match, and not having to move the sight will allow him to focus on the task at hand, knocking over cpt and rams.

thanks
chuck
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Thank You to PPNY

Post by ppkny »

Chuck, Great but I can't any credit for the loads, They've been passed down to me from shooter to shooter and tested over the years. Good Luck at the shoot. Just doing my part to pass them on.
ppkny
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

Chuck,

I sure hope the 19th is a warm sunny day in NH. Hats off to the MD, Ron et al, for tossing tradition to the wind and attempting a fun winter match. It was not lost on me that last match you enabled your younger generation to shoot while you stood by as mentor and coach. One big benefit of shooting a squadded match vs. "Progressive" is we can squad you with your family. You would shoot first in relay 1 and sort out setting and sight picture and then let your family members shoot next in relay 2. Makes for a fun family event as you shoot as a team. I would think the program would begin at 8:30. With a squadded match we all start to shoot at the same time. Ron I am sure has more details as to start time.

JD in NH
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

ChuckD, You're welcome for the loads.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ChuckD »

Thank You Al,
As I said, makes it easy on the new guys. And the loads seem to work great. Today, testing at 100 yards, I was able to shoot a 4" group, 5 shots- Off Hand. Not bad for an old guy and a bone stock Win 94 commemorative model.

chuck
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ChuckD »

Thanks Jud, Nice to get them shooting. Through the years someone was always there to get me started, you folks were great helping me figuring out the rotations.
About 3 months ago my oldest son went into my gun room and asked, what's with all the lever actions, you planning on becoming a cowboy? Now that we've been out shooting them, he loves it. He really likes the simplicity vs HP, which he tried a few times with me.
We're planning on the 19th, again he's pretty excited about the 200 yards with a 30-30.

25 years ago I set out looking for silhouette in NH, ended up in Nashua and shooting HP for 20 years. Positions just don't work, but I can still stand and hold. And I too love the simple, basic approach. Would love to try Sil HP!

see you on the 19th.
chuck