Full size silhouettes

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
AC2
B Poster
B Poster

Full size silhouettes

Post by AC2 »

Anybody know of a good source for full size silhouettes? Knock down or swingers.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Full size silhouettes

Post by frankmako »

http://www.qualitytargets.com/

i got a set of full size swingers from them this year. got half size and 1/5 size swingers from them too. one club i shoot at got a full set of smallbore and pistol cartridge targets to have another bank of animals for the matches. well made and not priced bad.
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

I've purchased from Custom Manufacturing in Dallas, TX. They have full size knock down sets for $437. They will do custom stuff to your specs.

http://custommfgco.com/targets/
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

If you have a machine/welding shop nearby they can down load the templates from the NRA competitions pages, and cut them for you.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

DonM wrote:If you have a machine/welding shop nearby they can down load the templates from the NRA competitions pages, and cut them for you.
Its more complicated than that. The PDF file needs to be converted to a DFX file and cleaned up. You need a plasma cutter for the AR steel. Unless your local guy has a steady hand he can cut them free hand.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Out here in the middle of nowhere, there are a number of welding and machine shops that have plasma cutters, and have all of the NRA silhouettes in their system.
AC2
B Poster
B Poster

Post by AC2 »

CamP, they have pretty good prices, but I just want a ram and maybe turkey swinger to practice on. There minimum of 5 targets doesn't work. Do you know if they will just do one offs?
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

AC2 wrote:CamP, they have pretty good prices, but I just want a ram and maybe turkey swinger to practice on. There minimum of 5 targets doesn't work. Do you know if they will just do one offs?
Give Travis a call at 214.428.5173. He did a custom one-off set of 1/4" thick AR500 1/2 scale targets for me and the price was very reasonable.
AC2
B Poster
B Poster

Post by AC2 »

Thanks
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Go to a local weld shop and have them free hand plasma cut you some targets with 1/2 hot rolled steel. You should be good with that if you are just using it for practice. AR steel is very expensive. Hot rolled is the cheap stuff you will pucker it but you will have more money for ammo. Just my .02 also if it has to be shipped steel is heavy and shipping is very expensive.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member