Item from Shiloh Forum, very interesting

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Item from Shiloh Forum, very interesting

Post by BrentD »

Not sure, dont' use the stuff, but arrogance supplies in your corner of Wyoming seem to be sufficient...
45bpcr
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 45bpcr »

It sure turned into a pretty crappy thread huh?

Don McDowell seems to chase us all over the internet barking about the Ridgway Rifle Club and "Eastern shooters".
It's pretty sad to see a man who has nothing better to do then downgrade his fellow shooters and our sport, just because we're not from "Out West"

All the rifles we shoot, be it 1885's, 1874's, and Various Lever Guns come from Gun Valley.
You internet Commandos can Goggle it to find out the location

Nationals need to move around America.
Match Director's need to have a common means of communication.
The NRA is running at Redline right now,and every one bitches about them not doing enough.

I see a lot of folks working their tails off to improve the sport.

So, how as a community of folks that like to tip over steel, do we work together?

Craig
Live Free Or Die
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

I think most of you have missed the original message in the beginning.

I don't have much of a problem with the matches moving around.
But the first post said that all the nationals will be moving to Ridgeway.

It doesn't look like they will be moving around anyplace else.

Maybe this is just my interpretation.

If so, I may have seen my last nationals.

Dennis
Last edited by TheBugFather on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

And if you are against all the matches moving to Ridgeway, then it would be good for you to let the silhouette committee members know about your preferences.
Bwake
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bwake »

After seeing what Mr. Ostler said, I feel it's time for someone who was at the meeting referenced above to weigh in. The post on the Shiloh forum was either poorly written or else "John Boy" has problems with his hearing.

The fact is that the Ridgway Rifle Club is responding to the recent NRA plan to consign all the rifle silhouette nationals to the Whittington Center until 2023. It seems to be the consensus around here that such a move would negatively impact silhouette participation in this part of the country. So Fred Kielbowick and Ken Haupricht met with the NRA Competitions brass in Fairfax and the possibility of allowing the Ridgway Club to host all the rifle silhouette nationals ON A BIANNUAL BASIS was favorably discussed. Now, Messrs. Haupricht and Kielbowick have been invited to attend the silhouette committee meeting where presumably the future of the silhouette nationals will be decided for once and for all.

In response to a question I asked at the meeting, it was reaffirmed that the Ridgway Rifle Club supports the nationals rotating around the country, whether it's Whittington and Ridgway OR ANY OTHER CLUB CAPABLE OF HOSTING THE NATIONALS.

It is true that if this comes about, CLA and BPCR might only be at Whittington every other year and that would be a loss for the folks used to having these events in their backyard for so long. I would hope that the western shooters would see the greater good in it. Also, as someone here suggested, the off years could be filled in with a regional championship. Of course, the status quo would be maintained for the smallbore and high power nationals.

I hope my remarks have added some clarity to this issue.

- Brian Wakefield
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

If you look at the Reports from the nationals, and start doing google maps from the competitors home towns, the "having the match in their back yard " thing falls apart pretty fast.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Thanks Brian for clearing up what was said at the meeting.
Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
Bwake
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bwake »

DonM:

According to the results bulletin from the 2015 CLA Nationals, 145 shooters represented 22 states. Of those 22 states, TX,CO, AZ and NM accounted for 97 competitors or 66.8% . 'Nuff said?
- Brian Wakefield
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Thanks Brian For clearing that up.

I like Raton, but we are for any move that will increase the number of shooters in the Nationals.
The first year that the lever gun nationals are held back east will either increase the numbers or make Don's point. We'll see.

Dennis.
IF the nationals get moved back east we will try to get with Glenda Graves and the WC to have a regional there.

Jeanne puts on a really good match that may just spoil you guys and if you've ever shot a Glenda graves match you KNOW it's just going to be a fun shoot.

IF the numbers at the Regional are greater than the numbers of the back east nationals that will surely make Don's case...if not then the back east guys were right all along.

Either way I hope the number of shooters increases. I just hope the sport will be around for my 8 year old grandson to shoot.
Just Be Nice **==
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

I've seen this type of thing happen several times in car and motorcycle racing. Moving a long established National venue is a sure fire method to kill participation in the long term.

Cam Potter
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

The Whittington center calendar shows silloutte national championships kicking off on July 31 2017 with small bore, then the high power, lever gun starts on August 7 and bpcr the following week..
Things that make you say hmmmm :|