Aftermarket barrel?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Aftermarket barrel?

Post by dhatch »

I agree entirely.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Taps

I have a marlin 39 mountie by the back door that my wife and I use as a critter control tool. Since she's taken up lever gun silhouette, she's become quite good out to 200 meters. I am a much more confident hunter since I've been shooting silhouette. I guess I should start wearing my orange hunting vest to matches....since it's required apparel for most of our hunting seasons. My bride of 40 years was spanking the 200 meter rams at Raton last weekend when the antelope invaded...she realized that they are about the same size as a Ram at 200 meters and if she had to, she could harvest one with her lever gun. That's just good stuff.
Just Be Nice **==
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Post by russ4570 »

cslcAl wrote:I just don't get it. Ruin this game just like SB and HP hunter rifle. If your gun shoots that bad, there are plenty of used ones out there that will. I just bought a real nice 1946 Marlin 39A for $500 and it shoots real well. I'd bet a Lilja barrel replacement would approach that in cost.

My 2 1946 Marlins will both shoot 1-1/2 in or less at 100 meters. That's more than adequate for the size targets we shoot.

If you want higher scores spend the Lilja barrel money on ammo and practice. You might be surprised.
image.jpeg
Al Foust
Where's the LIKE button. So True Al. So True.