Berry's bullets

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Berry's bullets

Post by ChuckD »

Anyone using these? I have shot in pistol, never rifle. 150gr looks right for this game.

thanks
chuck
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Berry's bullets

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Chuck keep your velocity below 1200 fps and you will be fine. If you load to hot the copper plate will peal off in the barrel.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Berry's bullets

Post by Tlee »

ChuckD wrote:Anyone using these? I have shot in pistol, never rifle. 150gr looks right for this game.

thanks
chuck
I shoot a LOT of plated bullets, particularly in PCCLA, and will occasionally use them in mild CLA 30/30 loads for the chicken and pig line.

I found the PISTOL plated projectiles from Xtreme and Ranier to do well up (2MOA-ish +\-) through 1300fps or so (and RIFLE plated up through 1500fps) AS LONG AS I use very little crimp (slight taper or minimal factory crimp). Any crimp more than "just enough to remove the neck flare" and I start getting fliers.

I've had no luck with Berrys' accuracy in the rifle, regardless of the load or crimp type/amount. They are my last choice of plated projectiles, and I pretty much will only load them (if I have any at all) in 9mm for close range Steel Challenge or USPSA practice/league matches.

My .02, YMMV...

:ymcowboy:

- Tim