unwanted spotters

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

unwanted spotters

Post by glen ring »

Where can I buy a t-shirt that says " No Spotter Needed" ? Sometimes I will shoot a rifle match just to relax and require no spotter. They seem to show up anyway even after I tell them thanks, I don't need one. My wife and I have shot matches on the same relay to hurry through a match and make it clear, no spotter needed...but they show up anyway and will not take no for an answer. I appreciate the offer if I'm on the line alone, but after a couple of wave offs and no thanks I'm just havin fun, I have had to get kinda stern with folks.. I need a shirt or sign that says...NO SPOTTER NEEDED.
Just Be Nice **==
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: unwanted spotters

Post by hermit5 »

Glen,do that at a practice shoot without a spotter.If it is a match the spotter is necessary to verify score and to assist in what's going on if a blow down or crossfire and the need to shoot an animal out of order.
Recently there was a problem with a solo competitor at a Regional match with excessive shots and out of turn shooting therefore it maybe required in the future to have a spotter.Sorry things like that happen.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

No
I, most of the time, do not need a spotter. If it's my wife we can do well...if it's most strangers that won't take no for an answer I will tell them to get off my line. I did have a world class guy who I ASKED to spot for me at the HP nationals. He was GREAT and I asked him to help me. He was a BIG help. The guys I'm talking about are the ones I try to tune out. My first lever gun match was the nationals years ago. I walked up to the line and was doing well until a spotter way behind the line started yelling at me that I was hitting the 200 meter rams in the foot. My new t-shirt will read NO SPOTTER NEEDED if my wife isn't available.
Just Be Nice **==
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

Only spotter I want is someone I have worked with and trust. Guy I have worked with for years only uses simple hand signals and push pins we rarely speak.

Someone I don't know or trust critiquing shots during a match, tell them once clearly. Keep it up, open the rifle make safe and walk off the line. Strong action but I have seen some terrible spotting .

Boats
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twidpa »

Recently there was an accusation of a solo competitor at a Regional match with excessive shots and out of turn shooting. As there was no spotter on the line with glass to see what actually transpired, the competitor lost legally scored animals. We would in the past shoot and score solo but from now on we will use a spotter if for no other reason we need a capable witness.
T