Not enough elevation with Williams receiver sight

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Number10GI
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Not enough elevation with Williams receiver sight

Post by Number10GI »

I ordered the longer elevation screw and will start with that.
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twidpa »

If you completely eliminate the factory front ramp - lowering the front sight at least .250 - it makes the "problem" much more apparent...

The dovetail trick works best with a tang sight and the factory rear removed. You could get about 1/2 inch over bore line if needed. In addition to SBCR, I use mine for 7 yard precision shots when trying to impress cub scouts and such.....
t
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I played with this today and found that if I attached my 39 scope base, that a Willaims Air Rifle TK sight would attach to that scope base. I don't know how much elevation it gives you, but it would certainly give you some. I hope this helps.
Just Be Nice **==
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

That's a factor to consider, and all the more reason to zero with a temporary front sight at all ranges before altering the rifle. Generally and depending on sight line, short distances don't always mean low rear sights. Bullet rises to sight line and drops as distance increases. Short distance often takes more rear elevation than you would expect.

Boats
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I drilled and taped two additional holes about 3/16 above the factory holes in the receiver. There's nothing they interfere with in the receiver internals. I bought my 39a used and it was beat up anyway so I didn't care about the extra holes. You have to be very careful when tapping the receiver to avoid snapping a tap if you don't clear the case hardening with your countersink.
ppkny