2016 Spring Roundup Results

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

2016 Spring Roundup Results

Post by cslcAl »

PCLA
image.jpeg
SCR
image.jpeg
CLA and Agg.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Team Sierra Member
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 2016 Spring Roundup Results

Post by cslcAl »

Winners right to left- Al Bean, Brian Wakefield, Judy Fisher, Al Foust
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Team Sierra Member
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twidpa »

If you take away the weather and my shooting it was a great match! Great folks good food and well run match. The wife wants to come back next year!
T
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

T,
There are two things you can't control, the weather and women. If your wife says you're coming back next year, that's a good thing.
She shot very well in the SCR match. I'm glad you both had a good time.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Oh Deer, been on the go so while I have a few moments wanted to throw a comment on. This shoot was a very nice Match. Well organized and smooth, really enjoyed myself. Conditions outside of being a little cool ('course being from Bradford I was in my element, lol) were good. Top notch competition including National Champs. I was really impressed with some of the performances this early in the year, Hope White pounding a 53 in SB, Wow! Jud Durant a 54 and hanging tough in a Shoot off. John Choban very consistent. Judy shooting like she always shoots...good, while doing stats with Ed. Al pops a 54 while acting as Match Director and calling the line! Says "fire" puts the mike down and starts shooting, not easy in a Big Match. My shooting partners Chuck Blender and Brian Wakefield were a pleasure to shoot with as always, and as usual put some nice numbers on the board. Chuck hammered a 52 in CLA, and Brian was unconscious just dominating on Saturday! Junior shooter Craig Peters in a T-shirt, everyone else in Parkas, shooting his CLA targets (and got them) in 30 seconds like he was Chuck Connors at the beginning of "The Rifleman", what a hoot. Overall a great shoot with some people coming away with PR's but everyone with fond memories. Al "Deer Slayer" Bean
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

I must give credit to all of those shooters out there that have mentored me along the way. Nomad, Fenton, Motl, Pharr were always there to advise, counsel, support me in my early years in TX. If I may, it was June 7, 2009 in NH that John Livingston pressed 40 rounds of handloads into my hand and directed me to "shoot them in his gun". His gun, a 100+ year old Marlin 1893 in 30-30. For 10 years I had been 100% rimfire and air rifle resisting the black hole of reloading. I acquiesced to his rather direct command as only John could deliver. He told me where to hold and I just followed his instruction. 31/40 animals later I was hooked. Heck, I swallowed the hook! Sadly John is no longer with us but I hope he has a twinkle in his eye as he admires what he started.

Today, I must thank my current shooting, reloading, general life coach and mentor, JB. We all know, without a spotter, especially in the iron sight game, you won't get as far as you would or could have. Without my shooting partner, I would never have thrown caution to the wind and blew off work to travel to 8+ hours to PA. To have such wonderful mentors and shoot with so many accomplished shooters is something I will cherish win or lose. I guess that is why we do this silly thing called Silhouette. It's the neat people you meet along the way. AMB, it was good to meet you for the first time. Mike and Randy, glad I was able to make a match in your neck of the woods and hope some year we'll see you back in NH. CLCSAL, you are the "sparkplug" and you have a great "engine" of volunteers. Well done. I must figure out what you are doing so well and duplicate it in NH.

Next step is to check in with John Kort and see how I can get my 31141 bullet to knock over what it hits at 200m! Yet another enabler of this wonderful sport called Silhouette.

Thanks all and I look forward to paying it all back someday. It is hard for me to tell where the sport is going nationally these days. But certainly in PA, this Cowboy stuff is alive and well.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

First off I have to say congrats to all the winners and to Al, Jimmy, George, Ed, Judy, and all the shooters as well as anyone I missed that take the time to do a match like this. It was a very well put together match and ran very smooth (witch is very tough to do in those weather conditions). It is nice to know that so many shooters from so far away will spend their hard earned pennies to travel and shoot these matches. Now as for me. I did not shoot near to my potential but on the up side I have started mentoring my uncle Stan Morgan in the fine art of reloading and shooting this game. It gives me great joy to see a new shooter with very little experience win his class. To all the people I mentioned before thanks for doing what you do to keep this shoot going as I hope it continues every year. As Jud said CLA is alive and well in PA and looking to move forward. I am looking forward to the trip to Raton with the group from PA. And Jud as to your problem with 200 meter targets. A wise man ( Al Foust) once told me when I rang a couple rams. MORE POWDER BIGGER BULLET!!
Mike Haynes