Williams peep on a Rossi 92

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Williams peep on a Rossi 92

Post by Merlin »

Read a LOT of posts here about the Rossi 92 and I am considering buying one for a PC rifle.... I really like a receiver sight - tang sights not so much....

Is it a big deal to put a nice adjustable peep on the Rossi?

Thanks....!
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Williams peep on a Rossi 92

Post by cedestech »

You can do it. Obviously you'll need to figure out a sight with low enough mount hose to D&T in the meatier part of the receiv
I have a sharps verneer tang on mine. It's the same but different. I shoot just fine with it compared to the reviever sights on the other rifles.

Let me know when you are coming to a match and I'll make sure and bring it if you want to look at it.

;)

(BTW, if you buy a new Rossi 92, you are going to have some clean up work in the action)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

My first lever gun was a Rossi 92. I put a Marbles tang sight on it and a Lyman front sight. The tang had to be drilled and tapped, but I got lucky and found a fellow silhouette shooter who was set up to do just that.

I suggest you find a gunsmith first - some of those guys have a 6-month backlog of AR-type work in front of them.

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

I gave up on the Rossi and popped for a Marlin 1894 CL.

Pulling out the plastic on this one nearly made a tear run down my cheek.... :D
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer