Grand Slam medals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Grand Slam medals

Post by glen ring »

I completed my small bore grand slam a little over a year ago and thought I'd never see the medal. Jeanne called Greg and he said they were out of the proper paper to print the letter on. Jeanne asked him to just mail the medal without the letter. Since she's retiring next week , Jeanne has volunteered to type the letters for CLA to help them get caught up. Jeanne is BRUTALLY efficient. We'll see if they let her help them out.
Just Be Nice **==
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Grand Slam medals

Post by JohnHenry »

Glen, the NRA says they don't have the correct paper to print the grand slam info on! What a lame excuse from such a big organization. This just shows how important competitive shooting is to the NRA.

For the life of me, I can't understand the inefficiency of the silhouette department. I own ~x( a small construction company and I know from many years experience that if something needs to be done, you figure out a way to do it. Otherwise, you will be out of business. This isn't rocket science!
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I agree 100% Jim.
Let's do a hypothetical....Let's say you're behind on paperwork at your company. Let's say you have a friend/relative that found out about you being behind on paperwork. Let's say the friend/relative calls you and says " I'm retired and really bored so let me help you get caught up for free".Let's say the friend/relative does a great job their first few hours of helping you.....would you let them get you caught up...FOR FREE ?

Jeanne said she doesn't really expect to get the return call from the NRA after her offer...but SHE"LL CALL AGAIN and volunteer again.

I suggest everyone call the silhouette department and volunteer. If Jeanne gets the the call she'll catch the CLA letters up. If other disciplines do the same that would be GREAT !......or everyone can just sit around and complain like a bunch of Cranky Old White guys.
Just Be Nice **==
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

Glenn, I sent an email to the Silhouette Dept last week. One of the questions I had was regarding the Grand Slam awards. The response I received was somewhat different from the one you received. "Grand slam awards were put on hold as we were having a database made. The database has been completed now and testing was done with a few tweaks needing to be made. All work is completed, but we have quite a backlog of these and I am working on them when I have time available from all the other things that I do as well. I am not sure what my timetable is to get these all completed." Perhaps the answer changed based on the offer to type the documents???? Regardless, at least the engraving machine is no longer the excuse, lol. Dan
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I hope you get yours soon. Jeanne's last day is Thursday so she will volunteer again. I am almost 60, but when I reach a goal I'd like the little reward of the grand slam medal to show my grandson. I'll bet each one of my Grand Slam medals has cost me thousands of dollars each !
Just Be Nice **==
tealdawg
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tealdawg »

I can recall not that long ago that the excuse was the engraver was broken. I know when I had completed my CLA I had called and talked with Pam to make sure she got it, I asked the number it should be and was told a number (reason being my personal goal was to get all single digit pins). Greg was at the Nationals so I figured it would be a while, When I finally received it, it was no where near the number I was told , the Nationals paper work was dumped on the existing and what was once the top became the bottom. In other words the efficiency of that department leaves a lot to be desired, and unfortunately has been that way for many years.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

It's been a long time since there were single numbers issued for Cowboy Grand Slams. My numbers are CLA-25, 2008; PCLA-50, 2006; and SCR-91, 2008. Still there is no excuse for not getting these out in a timely fashion.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Next time I call the silhouette department and they say they're out of stationary I'll ask " What kind of paper, who is the supplier and I'll donate money or send you some I've bought." We'll get things rolling...I hope. Now if I can just get 10 big bore Turkeys I'll have an excuse to call.
Just Be Nice **==
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Glenn,you better come here to Pa and try for those CLA turkeys.
We will have some great matches this summer with the toughest competition and 3 ranges you have to shoot to fully appreciate.
HP,Levers,and Smallbore.I have been to OKC 4 times.Your turn here at 3 different clubs.
I just left OKC CMP games and it was really windy.
I like that club except for wind and ticks.Hope to get there someday for some silhouette again.
Thanks for offer to help NRA staff.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Randy
Jeanne is retired now also so maybe we can come to your part of the world. We are both Country raised Okies so traveling back east is a BIG trip for us. Maybe a trip to your range is in the future for us after the Nationals.

If everyone at your range is the gentleman that you are we'll feel right at home....just ignore our accents.
Just Be Nice **==
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

The best matches are before nationals as we use them for warm ups.
Particularly Als spring match April 30-May1. Only a couple spaces left.
Also the Bradford,Pa match July 1,2,3.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

I forgot to add bring your HP,SB,and cowboy guns as there is something going on somewhere.
Let me know when your getting here and we will plan accordingly.
tealdawg
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tealdawg »

Al I stand corrected my numbers are 9 , 11 and 12 I don't know why I thought I had 2 of them single digit I believe it may have been CLA Pam had told me would have been 8
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

Sure sounds like fun at Bradford. Maybe some year I can get out of work over the 4th!

I am curious how the GS department is functioning. Do I quietly await a pin to arrive or should I poke the bear? On my first GS pin, I waited over a year until I finally asked. Only to learn they figured Jud D. and John D, with the same NRA number must be two different people! HA! This time, a little wiser, I wonder who to contact and if phone or email is best?

Thanks for the wisdom!

JD in NH
tealdawg
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tealdawg »

I wouldn't just poke the bear , I would stab the hell out of it. You earned the medal and should not be held to the silhouette department's inefficiencies