32 winchester special

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 32 winchester special

Post by boats »

We have a father son shooter pair at our club, use the same gun, 38/55 single shot, at our Ram Bash matches. Both excellent shots. For the 200 Yard Ram they used different sight settings. Load was a cast bullet with Unique. Father raised the gun high then screwed down into positon like the old High Power shooters do. Son rest the barrel on the rail then lifts up to level and fires. They said difference in zero same gun and Unique load about 3 moa. 6 inches on a 20 inch deep Ram body.

Both shifted to 4227 and now mount the gun from low barrel rest to level, same sight settings, and either one can win the match any day. Having said that I don't think there is anything wrong with using Unique. My Pistol Caliber Marlins use Unique in the 38/40 4227 in the new to me 25/20 not sure there is any difference in result on target.

Unique got me through the recent powder shortage good enough reason to use it. Funny thing though, Unique does not fill the case, is positon sensitive & you never hear anybody say it should be used with Filler wads.

Boats
rr1220
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 32 winchester special

Post by rr1220 »

150 gr western cast over 7.7gr vv n320 is showing promise, so far I have only shot at 25yds, figured there is no sense going further until I got 5 shots touching at that distance, now it's time to stretch her legs and break out the chronograph ,guessing I'm at around 1200-1250 fps, should be good out to turkeys

any light jacketed 170gr loads out there, had shoulder surgery 4 months ago , tried some varget /170 jacketed , shoulder said NO, not sure lighter 170gr loads will be enough for the rams though