Cowboy Silhouette In Tennessee

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Cowboy Silhouette In Tennessee

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

Its that time of year again. time to get out the old lever actions and tune up for silhouette. Our matches at Chattanooga will be
April16, May21, June19, July16, Sept 18 ,and Oct 16.
This year I am adding 3 Cowboy Pistol Cartridge On Apr 16, May21, and July16. These will be shot in the afternoon following our regular smallbore matches.
Last years state match was a great success and I hope to make it better this year. It is being palled to be held on August 21 and will be 2
-40 round matches. DetailS will be sent out when available.
I want to thank Greg Hamilton for taking on the job as assistant director. You can reach me or Greg at the following.
Dale Clingan 423-240-0338 chicknsnipr60@comcast.net Greg Hamilton 423-309-1371 jglh4@epbfi.com.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE !
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Cowboy Silhouette In Tennessee

Post by snaketail2 »

That's a nice 6.5 hour drive for me, can you recommend hotels in the area?

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

snaketail2 wrote:That's a nice 6.5 hour drive for me, can you recommend hotels in the area?

Michael
I am not speaking for Dale or Greg on the matter, but I can share personal experience since I am granted temporary citizenship/amnesty by the Volunteer State during silhouette season.
CRC is 5 minutes off of I-75 at the Ooltewah exit, exit 11 I believe. Between the river/downtown Chattanooga and Ooltewah there are many motels/hotels. Dale usually works with a local hostelry or two for a small discount for participants, but don't count on that until you hear it from him. This is an active community with many things going on, so booking a room timely is wise. I usually try one of those right at exit 11, then work my way south. At the Ooltewah exit are a Hampton Inn, a Holiday Inn Express, and a Super 8. I'm speculating (Google can confirm) that there are probably close to dozen or so within 15-20 minutes of the range.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

There are many good name brand hotels close to the Chattanooga Rifle Club. Starting at Hamilton Place Mall all the way up to Ooltewah. The rifle club is just a short drive up I-75 from Hamilton Place to the Ooltewah exit.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

I have stayed at the LaQuinta Inn in Hamilton (Exit 5, I think) and at the Best Western (Exit 7) during the state match. To be honest, I didn't care for the hustle and bustle being that close to the mall. The only advantage I can see is the array of places to eat, but the trade off is traffic.

I much prefer staying closer to the range at exit 11 and just eat at Crackerbarrel every day :D
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

Micheal
There are three motels near our range. The Holiday inn will run you 114.00 a night, the Super8 is 79.00 a night .I have setup rates for our state matches but not the regular matches, If you are into camping there is a great state park nearby with great sites and aminities. Hope to see you at our matches.
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

Its official the Tn State Smallbore Cowboy Rifle silhouette is on . It will be August 21 2016 starting at 0800 for warm up and match to start at 0900. It will be 2-40 round matches. Lunch and tshirt included. Motels are Holiday Inn Express 94.95 and Super 8 59.95. Call the hotels directly and ask for the State Silhouette Championship rate.
2016 Cowboy State Championship Program.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

Our first match of the new year will be April 16th. We will have smallbore cowboy in the moring starting at 0800 then standard and hunters rifle and end with pistol cart. That will 4 matches so bring a lunch and plenty of ammo.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

So far it looks like it is going to be a great weather day. Bring your lunch and lots of ammo. Best range and match in the southeast.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

we had 16 shooters for the match. it was a great match and a very nice day.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

yep, it was a fun day at the range. Wish I could see the targets better! :)
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

It getting close to August and I am filling up fast. I have 3 spots left but can add 8 more if needed. Hope if anyone is coming you let me know so I can plan for additions. Hope to see you here. Have a new lunch planned for this year.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I plan on being there
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.