2016 Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2016 Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match

Post by Tlee »

Just a heads up so you can mark your calendars....

The 2016 Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match will be held at Austin Rifle Club on Memorial Day weekend, May 27th through 29th. Practice and registration will take place beginning at noon on Friday the 27th. 60 shot PCCLA and SBCR matches will take place on Saturday the 28th. A 40 shot CLA match will take place on Sunday the 29th.

I will post a match program and entry form here as soon as details are finalized. Please note that with enough advanced entries, we plan to hire target setters and serve a tasty lunch for the competitors.

Hope to see you in Texas in May, :ymcowboy:

- Tim Lee, TSRA Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Director
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 2016 Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match

Post by glen ring »

Tim
is the CLA Big Bore portion being held at your range also or will it be held somewhere else ? I don't know why I was thinking you didn't have a 200 yard range.
Just Be Nice **==
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

glen ring wrote:Tim
is the CLA Big Bore portion being held at your range also or will it be held somewhere else ? I don't know why I was thinking you didn't have a 200 yard range.
Our intent is to have the CLA match at our range.

As long as I've been an ARC member (approximately 10 years) we've had a 200 yard range.
What we don't have, at this particular moment, are the full sized targets (but I'm working on that).

-Tim
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I've marked my calendar, told all my Drs, any my wife. If the Drs will cooperate I'll be there.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Tee, I had decided to return to shoot CLA this year but because of the date, I will not be able too. A three day weekend is a chance for me to get away with the family and not shoot. oh well maybe next year.....
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

GregG wrote:Tee, I had decided to return to shoot CLA this year but because of the date, I will not be able too. A three day weekend is a chance for me to get away with the family and not shoot. oh well maybe next year.....
Greg-

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it.

When we asked the folks that attended this match in the past, that was the one date that kept coming up as most favored by the majority. It was especially popular amongst the shooters that were traveling from some distance as it gave them an extra day for the trip home.

- Tim
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Program and entry form for the match below:
2016StateCowboyRifleSilhouetteChampionshipProgram.pdf
:ymcowboy:

-Tim
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Tim:
Are there camping facilities at ARC? I'm considering renting a camper...if there is a place to park and hookups (or nearby).

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

snaketail2 wrote:Tim:
Are there camping facilities at ARC? I'm considering renting a camper...if there is a place to park and hookups (or nearby).

Michael
Michael -

There are RV parks nearby, one as close as 3 miles away on 290 between Elgin and Manor. It's website is: http://www.luckytoorvpark.com/

Parking RVs at the range is permitted when we haven't had recent heavy rains. We don't really have specific RV spots laid out or designated but we've been able to accommodate a half dozen or more, depending on their configuration in the grassy area either side of the stat house. We have some water (enough to fill your on board tank and use your pump, but not enough to supply RVs in a full time pressured configuration). We do not have sewer facilities for RVs, so you'll need to manage your grey and black water tanks use with that in mind. We've six or so 30 amp 120VAC services, but you'll need to bring a heavy and long enough extension cord to reach them as they're all located at a central main breaker panel. One thing that just occurred to me; I don't believe we've checked to see if the outlets are still functional since the 3 floods we had in 2015. So bottom line is "I need to check them to see if their working or not".

My advice is to go ahead and make reservations at the RV park now, and we'll know closer to the match if we have working electric service (or, depending on rain the week or so before the match, whether we can even park them at the range). You can always cancel the RV park reservation if we're able to accommodate you.

:ymcowboy:

-Tim
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

PM Sent - I completely forgot about H322 in .25-20

Michael
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

snaketail2 wrote:PM Sent - I completely forgot about H322 in .25-20

Michael

Thanks much!
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

For anyone that saw the news of flooding in the Houston and D/FW areas, we did get lots of rain in the Austin area, but the range only had waters get up to the firing line with a bit in the stat house. Nothing at all that'll impact the state match taking place.... I was at the range today, and while it was still wet with standing water in some places, it was quite usable.

Also, it looks like we're gonna have a great turnout for this match. We already have over 50 pre-entries, with at least a dozen more stating their intent to shoot the match. We can easily handle 80 shooters without having to go to a 5th relay on Saturday's match and we can even accommodate up to 96 with minimal additional effort.

Hoping to see lots of new faces at this year's match,

-Tim
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Any new news on Sundays CLA portion? Trying to decide where to get a hotel.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

cedestech wrote:Any new news on Sundays CLA portion? Trying to decide where to get a hotel.
Emmett-

Nothing has changed in our plans yet.

Call me and I'll bring you up to date.

- Tim

********* See update regarding Sundays match posted further down in this thread**********
Last edited by Tlee on Wed May 04, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Below are hotels I'd recommend within an easy 20 minute drive of Austin Rifle Club in North Austin (most are within a mile of I35 and Parmer Lane), and are easy access to the toll road that will drop you off right at Cabelas in Buda:

Homewood TechRidge Parmer @ I-35
13001 Center Lake Drive, Waters Park 78753
1-800-230-4134

Hilton Garden Inn Austin North
12400 North IH-35 Building C, Austin, TX 78753
512-339-3626

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
12330 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78753
512-339-8374

SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
12520 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78753
512-833-8100