Remington 121 for Rimfire

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Leupoldd1
Unclassified Poster

Remington 121 for Rimfire

Post by Leupoldd1 »

Just curious if anyone is using or has used a Remington 121 for rimfire silhouette. I've been intrigued by the gun lately, and would like some feedback on the suitability of it for the game. Thank you to all who provide feedback. Matt
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Remington 121 for Rimfire

Post by snaketail2 »

You will need better sights first. I'm not that familiar with 121s, but from photos on the net I see you can mount a tang sight (after drilling and tapping). A tang sight might get you there.
If the rifle can shoot a 2" group at 100 meters then it should be accurate enough. Many (most!) of us can't hold a 2" group, so one-hole accuracy isn't needed.
If you already own one I'd try it. You won't have to "buy your way in" if you already have one. If you have to purchase it there may be better options - I'm sure someone will offer a solution.
For me a rifle with a good trigger and good sights is competitive.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Remington 121 for Rimfire

Post by CamP »

Lyman R12 and Marbles R7 tang sights fit the Remington Model 12 and 121. I have tried both on my model 12 and I prefer the Lyman. It's a better sight, but they are very rare and expensive when you find a nice one. The upside is they are very easy to sell if you decide to part with it.