.22 Mag Ammo

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

.22 Mag Ammo

Post by GTS »

Has anybody tried the Armscor .22 mag ammo, and if so, what did you think of it.

Thanks,
Greg
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .22 Mag Ammo

Post by psteiger »

not as good as CCI or Fiocci. Shootable. A little slower than CCI too. I had some at the match you could have tried.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Thanks Pat. I assume that the accuracy is not on a par with CCI or Fiocci.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

not in my guns. It's not bad, just not as good as the CCI or Fiocci. The Hornaday 30g was wikked accurate but it was REALLY marginal on rams.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

psteiger wrote:not in my guns. It's not bad, just not as good as the CCI or Fiocci. The Hornaday 30g was wikked accurate but it was REALLY marginal on rams.
Pat -

Armscor must be made by someone else now... 5 years ago I compared it to Fiocchi and CCI... Found it to shoot through the same holes and at the same velocity.

-Tim
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Tested some recently and Armscor USA WMR shoots a 1.25" groups at 100 yards from my 9422M. It outshot CCI Maxi-mags in my rifle.

I found out that Armscor USA is made here in the US and Armscor Precision is made in the Philippines. I don't have any experience with the imported stuff.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I haven't tried any in around four years or so, but of the 12 or so loads I tried from four manufacturers the Armscor was the worst for accuracy and seemed (i.e. no actual data) to be a lot dirtier than CCI and Federal loads. If the ammo available now is greatly different than what was available then, it might be interesting to pick some up to try it.