Cowboy Rimfire for a lady?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Cowboy Rimfire for a lady?

Post by Tlee »

glen ring wrote:Joe
I'm with you on sight radius. I have always asked folks to show me the proof that a longer barrel is more accurate than a shorter one. None have convinced me yet. We even had a couple of shooters that voiced concern on starting and ending with certain animals at one of our matches. I would love to see any proof that starting position makes a difference...maybe just in their minds. I think barrel length and weight just makes for a steadier rifle.

As far as hunter pistol out shooting lever actions on a 100 yard course , I accept that challenge and welcome all hunter pistol ( Metallic sights ) shooters to come to our range and show us. We will be having hunter pistol with our Lever Action silhouette matches in 2016.
Careful Glen... You might lose that soda pop bet!

Somebody call Preston Gibson, or Wayne Harlow, or better yet.... a couple of teenage girls that regularly spank the old timers shooting nothing but open sight Hunter Pistols, even in scoped category.

I once heard a group of very accomplished Hunter Pistol shooters (that were, or still are, frequent finalists in HOA match shootoffs in Cowboy rifle) make the query "why are my Hunter Pistol scores consistently higher than my Cowboy rifle scores?".

This should be fun,

-Tim
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Joe,
When I stated that a longer barrel is advantageous, I am referring to shooters who's vision is impaired and need a longer barrel to see the front sight clearly. I have been in that category for about the last five years.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

The soda pop challenge is on Tim ! We will start shooting in March at the Oklahoma City Gun Club. Shooters under 18 shoot for free. A friendly wager of loser buys winner a soda sounds like fun. We also have some fun man on man shoot-offs. Jeanne will have winner medals for each gun, lever and pistol, and of course I'll buy a challenger a soda if he or her beats me with their Hunter Pistol.

I don't know how many Texas shooters will show though Tim.... I challenged a Texas shooter , that sold CD's I think, and he never showed.
Just Be Nice **==