Correct Marbles tang sight for new Miroku 1873

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Correct Marbles tang sight for new Miroku 1873

Post by ter »

I am confused on the correct tang sight for a new model Winchester repo 1873. Midway said the improved sight does not fit the repos, and the one that fits Uberti 1873 will not fit the Miroku. I also wanted to know if I need screws. I looked on Brownells, and it seemed to conflict with midways catalog. So I would appreciate some model numbers and maybe a vendor. Thanks.
Cimarron Red
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Correct Marbles tang sight for new Miroku 1873

Post by Cimarron Red »

In this article the author states that he used a Marble's tang sight made for the Uberti 1873 on his Miroku/Winchester 1873 rifle. And he provides the relevant part numbers:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/marbles_tang_sight.htm

Cimarron Red
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Westy »

I have a couple of the newer Japchesters :D357-92 and a 30-30-94 and I ordered a marbles tang sight from Brownells and you guessed it I know have a $140-00 paper weight sitting on my reloading bench :evil: :shock: :twisted:
will try to sort out a way to mount it on this rifle-357 but I have been shooting well with open sights so I haven't mucked around with it at this point...
Darn tang mounted safety LOL
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Cimarron Red wrote:In this article the author states that he used a Marble's tang sight made for the Uberti 1873 on his Miroku/Winchester 1873 rifle. And he provides the relevant part numbers:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/marbles_tang_sight.htm

Cimarron Red

Thanks, that makes sense with the warning from Midway that the original 1873 will not fit the repo gun. I guess the repo tang is different from the original. The screws are still a question, because midway lists the same screws for the Uberti and miroku, and Brownells has different part numbers. I am going to call brownells and ask for conformation on the screws before I order.

The new 1873 does not have any tang safety like the new 1892 winchester. I guess the original lever safety was good enough for the lawyers.
cwmoss
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cwmoss »

I was doing some checking on this rifle and found on Marbles site, the one you need is part # 009884 and the screws # is 995012