1951 39a extractor question....

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

1951 39a extractor question....

Post by cedestech »

My new to me 51 model has the machined steel extractor with a hair spring. The spring keeps working it's way out of the notch rendering the extractor inop.

Obviouly they don't make "that" ectractor any more. Looks like the replacement is a spring metal one.

I've looked on the threads on RFC and everyone is a fan boy of the Wisner extractor but 99% of those guys don't cycle as much ammo through their rifles in a year that we do in a match or two.

Wisner or spring metal factory replacement?

:o)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 1951 39a extractor question....

Post by GTS »

I would go with the Wisner part. I have used several of their parts in the past and have always found them to be top notch.

I forgot to mention that I shoot CB silhouette on a regular basis and have run thousands of rounds through my Marlin .22's.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Gracias. I received another glowing review of them also....

Emailed to order a pair.

Thanks!
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Really never had a problem with my Remlin paperclip extractor; after a deburr and polish. Serious reply here.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

I appreciate that. Haven't looked but assume that is what is in my '65 model too. The price difference in negligible so I think I will try them. If for no other reason then they have to be fitted with means I get to "tinker" with my 39a's. My '65 model is so dang reliable that I relish the thought of having to something to it other then clean it.

=))