Favortism at Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Favortism at Nationals

Post by glen ring »

Ole girl has apparently ruffled CLAMAN's feathers...and that's all right .
She explained herself by giving her side of this story and some take issue..That's all right also.

People that post on this site have monikers or nicknames. It's all right also.

Glen Ring is not my real name and most folks here don't use their real name. I hope she becomes a National Champion and I'll be there to shake her hand...No matter how I personally feel about her. I Love You CLAMAN and everyone else that posts here. Let's be done with this.

Now..Who uses black powder in this sport. I think I'll load black powder and shoot at the Nationals next year.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

glen ring wrote: Now..Who uses black powder in this sport. I think I'll load black powder and shoot at the Nationals next year.
Then there will be two of us.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Actually, most folks do use their real name here or make it pretty obvious who they are by putting their names in posts. As an example, I doubt that there is anyone on here who doesn't know who you are, and other than adding an extra 'n' your name is the same on here as it is on the scoreboard for the Sooner Classic. The same would go for me. We don't really do the anonymous thing on this forum, or in silhouette in general, and that's a good thing. Silhouette shooting is an interactive sport and this forum is here specifically for silhouette shooters to interact with each other.

On the other hand, it's pretty clear that CLAMAN240 either created an account on here just to sling mud at Heidi or already has another account but created a separate one for the sole purpose of slinging mud at Heidi. I've run several forums in the past and help run one now. It's a good thing that I'm not an admin on here, or CLAMAN240 would be given a chance to identify himself (assumption since MAN is part of the name) or would be getting a free trip to "banned camp" to use a forum admin term. It's pretty easy to trace the IP addresses where the account logins come from and match usage patterns, and if I found that someone with another account had created that one just for this, that original account would also be joining the CLAMAN240 account in getting banned.

I'm all too happy for this forum to be a "drama free zone" as well, especially when that drama is brought by someone with no other contribution whatsoever. That is the definition of a forum troll. We can do without them here.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Claman has an opinion just as valuable as yours Jayson. He/she had a beef and they aired it out. That's healthy and it gave the woman a chance to explain herself. I would never call anyone a troll, but I'm a gentleman. I have used many names in my life Jason, Raoul or Congoleum Breckinridge, Max Factor and yes Glen Ring. Most people on here use monikers and alias names and that's ok. I have shot at the nationals for a while and have no idea who Claman is and I don't care . They're pro gun and I think they shoot competitively. I shoot CLA and you should introduce yourself to me some time. I have no idea who you are. Now...onto Black powder loads for my 32-20 and 30-30.
Just Be Nice **==
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

glen ring wrote:Claman has an opinion just as valuable as yours Jayson. He/she had a beef and they aired it out. That's healthy .
I would have to disagree. Not in the fashion or place he did it. He "shouldn't" have a beef with Hiedi. He should have a beef with the match officials who allowed the long run to happen out of order. As a competitor, I can request all kinds of stuff, it's the officials job to say yes, or no.

I know Hiedi well enough that her version of events are probably close to if not 100% accurate. There is no real gain to shoot your long run a couple days later.

Anonymously calling someone out is childish to be polite. And multiple user names is silly to. I have had the one you see here for almost 20 years and google doesn't let you hide.

I love black powder shooters... just want to be upwind during the match please.... :ymparty:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

So Claman shouldn't be able to say what he or she thinks and you should be able to..and call people names. Interesting. The real person, and only one that has commented that I really put a lot of faith in is, Al Foust. What Al said is good enough for me. Now..onto google CD... and black powder loads for my 32-20 and 30-30. Does anyone have good ones? I want to shoot blackpowder at the cla nationals next year. Cd tech...Come to a cla match sometime and introduce yourself..I have no idea who you are. xoxo
Just Be Nice **==
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Glen (who ever you are):

I do not have any problem with asking questions about a situation that occurred at a match. But it is all about tone and FYI be man or women enough to say who you are. Hiding behind an alias and then feeling all good about yourself is wrong. This could have been handled much better, why create a new account in an attempt to hide who you are. If I had a problem how about a post.

At nationals this year a shooter was allowed to shoot a long run days after the match. This as far as I know as against the rules. (Not sure when sex had anything to do with the event). When I was at the match it felt to me like there was some favoritism being given. Does anyone really know what happened or if there were some special situations?

Nothing like trying to hide behind an unknown account and the results are sorry damage to the sport. Think of anyone reading this board.... Gosh those old grumpy guys are at it again, guess I will find a more friendly sport...

Sorry this entire post has been poorly and had done much more harm than good.

Fyi my name is Greg and I live and shoot in Houston.

Who is everyone else (at least first names)

Greg
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Greg

I don't think what was done was against the rules...some obviously did. I think the woman explained herself. Just because we don't care for each other doesn't make things bad. I have done good work with people that i would NEVER pal around with after work. and that's not a bad reflection on me or them.

The original poster had a beef, aired it out and it was explained. They used a moniker...like most do on here. That's OK too.
That's that. they both have the right to an opinion and a post.
Better to air it out in the open than whispering about it in the rumor mill.

I respect her for responding in a pretty good manor an I respect him/her for bringing it up.

Now...Do you have any good 32-20 or 30-30 black powder loads.

I have no idea who you are Greg. Come to a CLA match sometime and introduce yourself.
Just Be Nice **==
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Glen hard to come shoot a match with you when you have no name or location.... How about you come to Houston Bayou Rifles 4 th Sunday.

Yeah lots on the board us alias because they want to hide from something.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Glen hard to come shoot a match with you when you have no name or location.... How about you come to Houston Bayou Rifles 4 th Sunday.

Yeah lots on the board us alias because they want to hide from something.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Dude, now you are being a troll.

Emmett Dibble
Rosharon, Texas
Mercedes Technician

Google or Bing will get you the rest...

Come out to a CLA match and introduce yourself, I'm at one to 3 each week of the year. Leave your black powder....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I think it's pretty clear who I am. I'm Jason and I have shot with a good portion of the shooters on this forum, usually at the Iron Man, Southern Nationals or Conard Cup matches if not at local matches here in Washington. I also run matches and have posted about those more than once, complete with contact info. Even though I shoot smallbore/high power silhouette and all three cowboy rifle silhouette disciplines, I haven't been to a CLA national match because my schedule, along with three kids, only allows me one big match out of state per year and that has been the Iron Man or Southern Nationals each year. This thread has definitely not encouraged me to change it.

With that said, I have to say that I'm puzzle by your stance in this thread, Glenn. You describe Heidi bringing drama to a match, due to which she is no longer welcome. She did come there to shoot and I see her name in the results so she did shoot. Somehow, though, you say that it is fine for CLAMAN240 to bring absolutely nothing to this forum other than drama through accusations and you seem to even support the trolling. Regardless whether you call it trolling, this is actually is exactly what forum trolling means and any person who does it is a troll. Unless you know this person or like the fact that mud is being slung at Heidi, I just don't understand how the two positions can coexist.

Maybe I should ask Mike, the master of this fine site, to let me be an admin for a day so I can see the data from the CLAMAN240 account. It would be pretty easy to see where the logins are coming from, and tracing an IP address back to a person and a physical address doesn't take much work, especially with most people having high speed Internet connections that usually keep the same IP addresses for anywhere from days to months without paying for a truly static IP address. Even if the IP address is spoofed or the connection is bounced through a proxy, that just adds a bit more time. It would likely explain a lot to have the identify of the person behind the keyboard revealed... :mrgreen:
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Go for it jason. Then when you ID who Claman is ...then what? He/she has a right to post as much as you or I.

Ole girl made the decision not to come back to our match and that's her decision. No problemo. I agree with her 100%
42 shooters loved our match, one didn't like it..I think that's all right also.

Track that address down. Tell us how it turns out.
Come to a CLA match sometime and introduce yourself. I have no idea who you are. I would love to meet you. I'm easy to find....sometimes. Just tap me on the shoulder and say who you are.
Now, use those great skills of yours to find me a good blackpowder load for my 32-20 and 30-30.xoxoxo
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I love it.
Claman didn't call anyone any names. I haven't called anyone a name. I have stuck up for both sides. Now I challenge each of you name callers to Come to The Oklahoma City Gun club and shoot a CLA match. I'll bet each of you a coke I can beat your score with all three guns. That's a coke a gun.

Come on. Look at the schedule. Come here , tell me who you are and that you're here to beat my score. If you win, and that's a big IF..I'll buy you a coke. If you lose you buy me one for each gun.

If you'd rather hide behind a keyboard and call names I understand. I won't do that.

Claman...you are welcome to attend also.

When you arrive can someone please have a good black powder load for my 32-20 and my 30-30..I want to shoot black powder in this sport.
Just Be Nice **==
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks, Glenn, but if I get to travel out of state to a CLA match, it will be nationals. I hope to get to meet you there and you're on for a beverage of some type per match. I don't really drink Coke due to the caffeine, but I am sure I could find something to drink while spending time talking to fellow silhouette shooters.