Favortism at Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
CLAMAN240
Unclassified Poster

Favortism at Nationals

Post by CLAMAN240 »

Its hard to believe the gall of the woman who shot a 10-in-a-row the first day of the CLA match, and then 5 days latter asked to go for a longrun. Whats even harder to stomach is the favortism shown by the NRA Rep Barry Ranney allowing the longrun to take place 5 days later, when most of us were home by then. The NRA program that was sent out states "....At all other National Championships, such Long Run Record attempts will be made at the conclusion of that day's match." I hope NRA puts Barry behind a desk somewhere, and gets Greg Connors someone with some respect for the shooters and NRA rules to help him run the silhouette matches.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Favortism at Nationals

Post by BrentD »

Really? This is actually worthy of ranting about? doesn't bother me in the least.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Who was the woman clamman ??
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Clamman 240...Are you going to file a protest with the NRA, A complaint with the NRA? Just carping about something like this accomplishes nothing. I my self will ask the same official next year if I can do my long run attempt BEFORE the match begins...Now that is some positive thinking right there.
Just Be Nice **==
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

:roll:
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

glenn, is that the secret? I'm going to do the same. =))
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I did a long run today on 10 half-scale pigs I shot at 40 meters with my scoped rifle back in 2013. I hit 1.2 million in a row before I got bored and quit. Turning that new record in to the NRA tomorrow...

Dustin
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Ok,
Here's the story I got. I was told Greg would not let her shoot the long run on the day of. I don't know why. I was also told she had to call NRA headquarters to be allowed to shoot.
I hope this doesn't muddy up the water, but I think I got this from a pretty reliable source.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

There seemed to be a lot of unusual "antics" going on at this year's nationals. If you had to change your room - in mid-match, you were part of it. More a Whittington Center issue than NRA.

I think we need to know all the facts before making a judgement (except in Dustin's case...where'd he get all the ammo?)

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Dustin...u b da man !! We have a 100 yard range at our house complete with half scale targets. I think I'm going to witness Jeanne making a long run attempt and send it in ! Seriously, there is always more to the story than what folks are telling. Maybe after being bribed by cold beer and pizza can we get the COMPLETE story. I have declared myself the world champion SHORT run guy. Now top that !!You can tie my record of not one single animal hit, but you'll never beat it.
Just Be Nice **==
CLAMAN240
Unclassified Poster

Post by CLAMAN240 »

The woman was Heidi from TX.
glgraves
B Poster
B Poster

Post by glgraves »

The best way to stop some of the stuff that happened this year at nationals is to write a letter to the committee. I, for one, will be doing just that. Barry doesn't have a clue about a lot of shooting rules in silhouette. This is the first year he has shown any interest in doing anything and then he doesn't do it according to the rules.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Since Greg wouldn't let her shoot the day of the match, she should be allowed to shoot whenever in my opinion. Basically it was Greg's fault for not letting her shoot according to the rules.

Can you carry over your long run from one match to the next? If she shot 10 in nationals on day 1, then another 10 on day 2 is her long run already 20? If so who cares when she shoots, she could go home and shoot the next match in TX and continue her long run.

As long as she actually shot whatever score she ended up with, with a certifiable official there, does the 'when' matter that much?

p.s. did you ask to shoot at a later date too? Its only favoritism if one person is allowed when another is denied the chance.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

OldRanger wrote: As long as she actually shot whatever score she ended up with, with a certifiable official there, does the 'when' matter that much?

p.s. did you ask to shoot at a later date too? Its only favoritism if one person is allowed when another is denied the chance.
Your logic is unwelcomed in a conversation involving the NRA.....

(that was sarcasm in case some one can't tell....)

:mrgreen:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

Why do I find it suspicious that the OP is a brand new account on this forum, apparently set up for the sole purpose of posting a rant about me?

CLAMAN240, if you are truly a new member, I’m very sorry that this situation upset you so much you felt the need to join so you could tell the world. But I welcome you to the forum and hope I can clear up some apparent confusion. However, if you are not new, you could at least have had the courage to post under your “real” identity.

Here are the facts. On the first day of CLA competition I shot 10 in a row on pigs. I marked my scorecard for a grand slam, and also asked the person picking up the card to let the office know I wanted to go for a long run. That’s where I made my first mistake, instead of going to tell Greg personally. At the end of the day, I expected to hear an announcement calling anyone who wanted to go for a long run to come to the line, like I have heard at other matches. It never happened. They had shootoffs, then awards, then went straight in to a very long competitors meeting, after which almost everyone quickly departed. I wasn’t sure where Greg went, and decided they must have decided to delay them to the end of the next day due to how late it was. That was mistake number two.

The next day, during the match, I went and asked Greg about the situation and why I hadn’t been called to do it the day before. He said he was never informed about it. I asked if I could do it that day instead. He told me a story about a girl that one year had a long run going so late that they had to stop and continue the next day. I asked again if that meant I could attempt it that afternoon. He said no, that it had to be done the day before. So I left the office, which was mistake number three, as I should have asked to appeal to the jury. But I was too upset and didn’t think of it. That’s when I ran in to Barry. He could tell I was upset and asked what was going on. I told him, and he said that didn’t sound fair to him, that it sounded like it was a communication error of the match officials and I shouldn’t be penalized. He told me to email Dennis Willing and ask him for a ruling, which I did immediately. His reply was that my request sounded reasonable but that he wouldn’t be able to investigate until August when he returned from Camp Perry. I told Barry what the answer was, and he said that maybe we should have me go ahead and shoot, with him as a witness, so that if Dennis did rule in my favor that I wouldn’t be making the attempt months later. And so as not to cause a disturbance we agreed to wait until Friday morning after all the other matches were done. THAT is why I didn’t shoot Friday, not because I waited that long to make the request. I ended up hitting 12 more, not enough for the record, and figured that would be the end of it. For what it's worth , I spoke to several other competitors, many of them members of this forum, about the situation and they all gave me the impression they felt I had a right to make the attempt.

There was another situation at Nationals I will not give details of in this post because it's already too long, but it it caused some competitors to be so mad at me that they seem to be trying to get me blacklisted from competing at any future match. I have a feeling this thread was started by one of that group.