Favortism at Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Favortism at Nationals

Post by OldRanger »

cedestech wrote:Your logic is unwelcomed in a conversation involving the NRA.....
:mrgreen:
Sorry man, didn't mean to try to be logical here. You may continue ranting. L-) lol...

After reading AddictedToSB's post I find this more...odd. No records were broken. So who cares when the attempt was shot.

Congrats on hitting 22 in a row! Don't let the whiners and naysaysers get you down, hope you had fun despite the shenanigans.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Folks want to see how to harm silhouette..... Just read this thread as if it were directed at you.

The individual in question has been a very active shooter in Texas and runs matches and helps out where ever they can. I have always found them to be honest, fair and certainly not what was implied in this post. Posts such as this are a great way to drive yet another person away from the sport. So if this is your intent then you certainly have received attention and sure sounds like you have your facts wrong.

Greg
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Heidi,
It all sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Sorry you didn't get your record. Seems that Barry, for one, did exactly the right thing on a day when I suspect he was planning to be relaxing or at least not at the firing line.

As a recreational CLA shooter, I'm not privy to all the behind the scenes stuff, but I'm sorry to hear that it seems to be so dark and unhappy there. I, for one, had a great time at nationals (yet again) and look forward to doing it next year.

Best of luck to you Heidi.

Brent

PS.I think the mysterious OP owes you an apology and a beer. :)
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Heidi,

Thanks for letting us know the whole story. I was afraid I didn't have all the details. Good for you for being persistent in your appeal to shoot your long run.
Kudos to Barry for seeing your side of the story. He better see if there are job openings on the fishing boat in Alaska where Jonathan Lighton is working.
You have already noted your mistakes-lesson learned, never assume anything at Nationals.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Sounds like sour grapes from the OP. Get a life.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

That explains that...fairly well. Now for the "other things" that make you think you are black listed. What is "black listing" and why do you think whatever someone might have done was directed at you ? We all can't be hugsy buddies all the time and I have several folks I would never pal around with, but enjoy shooting with them. Like I learned many years ago in the court room, You have "opened the door" to an other wise ignored topic and now that the "door has been opened" please elaborate. Like all of us have at some time or another, I have made an ass out of myself by yelling at someone, telling someone to kiss my gluteous, but I've been man enough to apologize when i was wrong...that has probably kept me from being on some " black list" . If I get your meaning correct. Shoot and air it out and get it done with and then you and whomever can move forward and just shoot or talk about shooting.
Just Be Nice **==
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

I really never wanted to air this in the "court of public opinion". I only mentioned it in my prior post because it's the only reason I can think of that the OP would write what they did without confirming facts first. So I'm still not going to name any names but since you asked will give some info on the other incident at Nationals and some of what has happened since.

Some people who were shooting near me at Nationals felt my spotter was being too loud. Now, I'm the first to admit that Bobby can be a little loud, and that he has a personality that is abrasive to some people. But I was still shocked when someone came over between relays and asked him to quit talking while spotting, to just use hand signals. He said no, he couldn't do that and turned away. I elaborated a little that I honestly couldn't hear him if he was much quieter. There was a little more said but I felt we all tried to keep it civil and I hoped it would end there.

Shortly thereafter Barry came up to us and said that a complaint had been filed about how much noise we were making on the line. He said the other group first asked if there was a rule that you had to be a competitor to spot, hoping to kick Bobby off the line altogether, but there is no such rule. Barry said based on his observations he really didn't feel we were being excessive, or much louder than anyone else, but asked us to do our best to keep things a little softer if we could. This really upset me, but we tried to just mind our own business, and in the interest of trying to keep things civil I started spotting for the other person that Bobby had been spotting for, to minimize his time on the line.

We returned home hoping that was the end of it. But a few days ago I found out at least one person, and possibly more than one, had been calling the president of the board of directors at my local club complaining about how Bobby and I behaved at Nationals. When I spoke to the president he said they were even talking about wanting to ban me from entering matches, at least at our local club. That's what I mean by trying to blacklist me. And what has gotten back to me about what it is being claimed that Bobby said and did is a load of bull. And the ironic thing is Bobby doesn't even spot for me at our local club with very rare exceptions.

I have never claimed to be perfect. I make mistakes, and sometimes put my foot in my mouth. But I have always tried to be respectful of other competitors and to play by the rules, whether I agree with them or not. And I don't appreciate feeling like there is a smear campaign going on behind my back.

Glen, I'm pretty sure you know I didn't like some of the decisions you and Jeanne made at your match. Have I talked to a few people about it, and told them I don't plan to attend another of your matches? Yes, I have. But did I come on this forum and post a rant about it? No, I did not. Because whether I liked it or not, I know putting on a match like that is a lot of work, and I know some people were perfectly happy with how things were done. So I appreciate your other comments, and thank you for wanting to hear my side. And the other people involved are welcome to post their side as well, obviously they have that right. I just wish it had all been kept between us, that if they were still that upset when they got home that they could have approached me directly instead of several backhanded slaps in my direction.

And if I'm wrong, and the people involved in the event at Nationals have nothing to do with what's gone on since returning home, I'll be more than happy to apologize for jumping to that conclusion.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Our regional was held on three rainy days.Friday was the practice day and I, me, myself spent all day in the rain setting targets on the smallbore, pistol cartridge and big bore range..just me in the rain. We stayed until around 6 pm when a couple of late arrivals ( texas shooters ) came to the range and they asked to practice. We trust them and gave them the range.
You arrived at the range on the day the match started and wanted to practice minutes before the match. I advised you " let me see"...as we were having a meeting about bad weather , cutting the match to 40 rounds and many other concerns we had to address..but I was willing to help you until you snapped at me " with " That's not an answer!" and stated something about going home if you couldn't sight in..which would have held up the match.
The guy with you raised his voice at Jeanne ( the match director ) and made her so concerned she told him to leave the range house.
We work hard at putting on a good match and will put on many in the future for good, respectful and appreciative shooters. Feel free to not come back to our range..we are a happy bunch that like happy shooters.
Now , as far as other competitors are concerned, I don't know about your effects on them. Please feel free to contact them and air out your differences. An apology from you to me and your guy friend to Jeanne will go a long way to making us feel better. I may never see or hear from you again and that's okay. I want to wish you good luck and if you ever need a GOOD spotter at a match, please feel free to ask me. I'll talk you into a 40. Good luck xoxoxoxoxox
Just Be Nice **==
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

I have been contacted by one of the other people involved at Nationals, who says they did not start this thread. So as promised, to that person I apologize.

Glen, that's not exactly my version of things, but as I tried to say before, I would prefer to not discuss the issue on this forum. That's why I have been vague from time to time, not because I want to hide things but because I prefer not to get in to a "he said she said" online. I will reply to you in private when I have time.

So I'm going to quit rising to the bait, even when people post things about me I think are untrue or unfair. Those that know me personally can make their own decision about whether or not it's the truth, or ask me personally for my side. Those that don't know me shouldn't care one way or the other. I'm tired of the drama.

Heidi
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

[quote][/quote]Glen, I'm pretty sure you know I didn't like some of the decisions you and Jeanne made at your match. Have I talked to a few people about it, and told them I don't plan to attend another of your matches? Yes, I have.

Heidi:

As to you not attending another match of ours, don't spend too much time trying to decide; that decision was made for you back May, the weekend of the regional. We are a drama-free zone and intend to keep it that way.

Jeanne
Last edited by lijeboy on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I am accustomed to working with and socializing with Female Police Officers. My female Law Enforcement buds and wife are drama free , blunt and to the point. I like that about them and it's been a challenge for me to deal with drama in the "appropriate" manner. My former profession demanded I solve other people's problems and listen to their drama, but I'm retired now and would rather not do any of that anymore. I just want to shoot and laugh with my friends until I have a meeting with Saint Peter.

I want to wish you the best of luck in your personal life and in pursuit of your shooting goals . I hope you become a National Champion in some shooting endeavor. I will be in the crowd applauding your success.

Now ,my dear, to borrow line from Shakespeare " We should become better strangers".
Just Be Nice **==
CLAMAN240
Unclassified Poster

Post by CLAMAN240 »

I guess if we shooters have a disagreement with something that is happening at Nationals, instead of filing a protest with the jury, we just need to let Barry know we are upset and then make a personal call to Dennis Willing. You are not a new shooter, you know what the jury is for!
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

CLAMAN240, at least sign your name. Calling people out anonymously is chicken sh!+!

Dustin
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

CLAMAN240 wrote:I guess if we shooters have a disagreement with something that is happening at Nationals, instead of filing a protest with the jury, we just need to let Barry know we are upset and then make a personal call to Dennis Willing. You are not a new shooter, you know what the jury is for!
I think you need to come out from behind your rock. Have some courage.

Meanwhile - exactly who was the jury? I have never heard or seen listed, the members of the shooters jury at any Nationals event.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

CLAMAN240 wrote:I guess if we shooters have a disagreement with something that is happening at Nationals, instead of filing a protest with the jury, we just need to let Barry know we are upset and then make a personal call to Dennis Willing. You are not a new shooter, you know what the jury is for!
Dude, this isn't right. You obviously have a personal beef and this isn't the way adults go about it.

Stop.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?