Trail boss funky results

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Trail boss funky results

Post by chuck d »

I have tried this load in two different seasons, 2 different guns and gotten same results.
9.5 TrailBoss, 110 carbine bullet. Win 94 Canadian Comm and a Texas Lone Star Comm

Shoots extreme LH. I rolled my Williams sight one full rev and not enough. I left there and holding on the RH breast nailed center of the chicken. Perfer not to use that hold, and want to be careful how much sight adjustment I take on- easy to screw up.

Anyone seen anything like this??

Thanks
chuck
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Trail boss funky results

Post by edgehit »

Yes. And I didn't use the load. Different pressures will cause the barrel to introduce windage. You're correctly assuming that much LH POI is a problem during a match. High power silhouette rifles can do the same thing.

I'd abandon that load and try something new that doesn't introduce windage.

Did you try the 110's over your Ram powder charge?
- Joe
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Same rifle, I use the 110 carbine bullet for pigs and turkeys. I am putting them over 30gr RL7. I have 3 loads for the match and there is no windage difference between any of them.

What you are describing is quite normal and if you do a lot of .22 ammo testing you see it often.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
wherdthatunhit
B Poster
B Poster

Post by wherdthatunhit »

im with edgehit. I use the 110 carbine bullet and the speer 110 hp with 16.8 sr4759 in my gun, Mar336xlr, on chix, pigs, and turkeys. i have never chrono'd that load but then, i have never rang a turkey. i hit a turkey and it falls. I am about to try some of the trail boss with 160 gc cast one of these days.
Steven
Benton Gun Club, Arkansas
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

We use trail boss with a lyman 170gc cast bullet and a 150gc rcbs bullet. Our guns will stay inside two inches at 100 yards when we pull the trigger properly and is a VERY clean burning powder. Our cast bullets are sized to .310
Just Be Nice **==