Air Rifle silhouette- which targets?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Air Rifle silhouette- which targets?

Post by pdeal »

I’d like to order some airgun silhouette targets. I was looking at the Quality Targets web site. They have them in 1/8” thick and 1/4” thick. What’s best? Other sources that would be better?
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Air Rifle silhouette- which targets?

Post by richard »

Calvin makes nice targets so you need not look elsewhere. His targets are steel so they hold up pretty well. If you think there will be higher powered guns used get the thicker silhouettes. For most rifles and all pistol the lighter ones are more than adequate.
When we started way way back I bought a bunch of pot metal targets because that's all I could afford at the time and even those targets last a couple of years.
I would order a few extra of at least the chickens because you will lose one once in awhile.
Rick B.
Richard
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

My suggestion is to get 3/8” thick chickens and everything else 1/4” thick.

Dustin
Pagunner
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Pagunner »

I agree with dustin. I would not suggest 1/8 inch targets. With a modern pcp air rifle, the chickens really fly even if they are 1/4 inch. I suggest a tether made from steel leader fishing line around the chickens leg.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

All I have are a few 10meter match rifles. Will these knock over the 1/4” and thicker targets?
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

pdeal wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:15 am All I have are a few 10meter match rifles. Will these knock over the 1/4” and thicker targets?
Yep. It will work perfectly.

Remember 3/8” for chickens, 1/4” for everything else.

Dustin
Smayone
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Smayone »

My first set of targets were 1/8" except for the chickens which were 1/4". They were fine till one day I decided to shoot my Pigs at 20 yards just for grins. When I picked them up I found a couple had bent at the feet such that the body was leaning back. I upgraded to all 1/4" targets from Quality Targets. All good for TX200 even with OEM spring.