New England air rifle silhouette clubs

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ory1kanobe
Unclassified Poster

New England air rifle silhouette clubs

Post by ory1kanobe »

Recently moved from Louisiana to Massachussets, are there any air rifle silhouette clubs in New England?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: New England air rifle silhouette clubs

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Why!?!?!
And No.
There is a website up here in the People's Republic of No Guns Allowed. Northeast shooters.com you may find something but air rifle is not popular here. Are you strictly an air rifle shooter? There is SB and Cowboy.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

I apologize in advance for being one of those guys that responds and does not answer your question. I lived in Connecticut quite some time ago and found that there was very little interest in New England for silhouette shooting in general, let alone airgun shooting. I did run a few air silo matches at Hartford Gun Club but that was long ago. They used to shoot pistol and smallbore silo at a club in Ware, MA then as well. Dave Lyman, who unfortunately has left the range, ran some 10 meter air and some smallbore silo matches at Blue Trail Range in Wallingford, CT but I have no idea what is going on there now.
Airgun shooting of any kind is really difficult to get people interested in even though it has lots of advantages. I now live in PA north of Philadelphia and our club does still run some airgun silhouette matches, both air pistol and air rifle. It's pretty far for you to travel but there it is. The guy that is running the outdoor air silo is in his last year of doing it so we don't know what will happen beyond that. I expect at least air pistol silo will survive. We have found that airgun Field Target, although much more work to run, draws more shooters so we do run those matches on a nice course that we change for every match. People travel great distances to shoot field target. At least one shooter comes from MA and several from CT(Avon and Meriden). They also do run some field target matches in CT.
My club is Falls Twsp. R & P Assn. in Fairless Hills, PA. If you want anymore info please let me know. There are several airgun websites with info too and if you think you might like field target check out AAFTA.org.
Sorry again for such a long non-answer.
Rick Bassett
Richard
ory1kanobe
Unclassified Poster

Post by ory1kanobe »

Thanks for the replies guys. People are nice up here, and quite conservative in the Carver/Plymouth area, but I admit the gun laws in MA are crazy.
Go Tigers!
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Only 1 Kannoli wait till cranberry season the loons flock to carver. If you fish there are some,good trout ponds there thou. Myles Standish Park is nice in the off season too.
NRA Endowment Member
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

ory1 you could always try and start up something. Dave aka Hotrod Rockets did before he moved to Tennessee. He also started up the Tennessee rifle club as well as the YouTube videos. Sometimes you have to lead the way so others will follow.
NRA Endowment Member
ory1kanobe
Unclassified Poster

Post by ory1kanobe »

There is some great fishing here. I caught a 15 inch black crappie here. In Louisiana we called them sac-au-lait.
ory1kanobe
Unclassified Poster

Post by ory1kanobe »

Dang 9,
I saw you are a machinist. I was a manual machinist from 1993 to 2007 in shipyards and oil field machine shops, then worked in electrical utility, transferred to Pilgrim Nuclear Station. Getting ready to start school at Quinsigamond Community College pursuing an A.S. Manufacturing Degree January 2020. I can't get machine work out of my head.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

The sound of screeching metal is hard to get out of your head. My tinnitus reminds me every time I go to sleep... :))
If your a crappie fisherman try the ponds in Halifax. Use a wire leader as the chain pickerals are huge!
NRA Endowment Member
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

If you can shoot in your home or have access to a range and if you don't mind shooting a postal, but not silhouette, the National Rifle League has the Vermont Winter Postal with air rifle matches. I've shot it before and it's well run. I like the air rifle offhand postal match.

vtwinterpostalleague@yahoo.com

I believe that is the contact e mail. They are just getting ready to start or have just started.