Youth Silhouette

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Youth Silhouette

Post by mordecai »

So here's the idea. Make a monthly match for the Scouts, informally using some air-guns and appropriate sized targets.

I know next to nothing about Air guns. Need suggestions on size/weight appropriate field rifles that are cost effective.

Targets? Reset-ables?
ImageImage
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Youth Silhouette

Post by Jason »

I think you should have BB gun matches to start the younger kids with using Daisy 499s to get the fundamentals down. I just happen to have two of them, including one with a stock slightly shortened for smaller shooters, that I'll donate along with a few thousand of the Avanti precision BBs if you're willing to use them with juniors/scouts in some way. They are great for teaching the basics, since they're single shot and have click-adjustable receiver sights and actually shoot where you point them. My kids have moved on to other sports now so I'm looking for some other juniors that can benefit from these. You can pick them up at Machias this weekend. :)

Once you get them started with the basics, you can pick up single-stroke Daisy 753 or 853 air rifles from CMP fairly cheap. As long as the kids are big enough to pump the single pump, they're great for basic airguns and are relatively accurate compared to most other off-the-shelf airguns <$300 or so.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Look at you and your amazingness!

Chat with you tomorrow! Thanks. --M
ImageImage
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Mike,
Submit a Friends of the NRA grant for the air rifles you should be able to get several to start your program. We got some for our 4P program here.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)